• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T line???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mw521

Oh, found some goodies at store and had another brainstorm session. I gotta get me a real camera one of these days. This is a one half inch replacement air compresser filter with a polycarbonate bowl, measures 2 inches diameter by 4 and a half tall. The black thing is a screw or nail container I found at Home Depot in the nuts and bolts section, the top has a slit in it but the bottom just slips off and fits this perfect.

1013237res.jpg

Now, what to do with all these thingies?? What else, take em apart!!!!!!!! Remove the top of filter, valve on bottom but keep the threaded part and gasket, add a T, couple of barbs, bottom from the little parts container I found at Home Depot and bend ya a piece of aluminum, drill a couple of holes, BAM! 15 mins ya got a reservoir.
url]

Anudder shot

1013240res2.jpg

wow..looks good. how much did it cost and does it get rid of air bubbles easily? but that looks real good..lol

That's some awesome idea!!! :thup::thup::thup:

It's sure going to help the filling part of the fill/bleed process but i think bleeding process will be the same as having a regular T-line BUT its still SWEET

lol, I was in HomeDepot the other night and was considering that screw/nail container as a res, but couldn't figure out a way to seal off the top without making it look too ghetto (making things ghetto style is ok for me, just so long as it doesn't look like it :D)
Very nice combination of parts there. Now if I could just find something like that filter with 2 spots for barbs to make a proper res out of it. I personally prefer a res to a tee line for the quickness of bleeding the lines.

Update. Ran unit, using eheim 1060, dangerden rbx #5 nozzle, chevette radiator, danger den maze 4 in loop. I am using silicone tubing from Mcmasters which helped a bit. Unit is very easy to fill, put it before pump which primed it, used silicone lines to "milk" air from system, just squeeze them in several locations and bubbles will go thru resevoir. I am going to mount it on back of comp since I am running pump and rad outside. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287899
Anyway, the gist of it is that it works fine, I enlarged hole in bottom valve to size of threaded section a bit larger than a quater inch, forgot to look at bit size.

Back