• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

been hard to get here lately...

but i got my 750 to 1gig and man i was happy.
i thought id be happy with that for a while but its only been 2 days and im gonna go for 1050 (high as my gfd will go)
as soon as i reinstall my water cooling.

thanx again to all that helped!

Wow thats some OC for a slot 750. Is the core actually a 750 or did you get a faster one. What kind of voltage are you running? I remember I got a slot a athlon 750 to 1000 with a cheep heatsink and we were so excited. Of course we wanted to go highere so we got a custom alpha heatsink that touched the cash and core directly. Before we got it any higher we chipped the core. Oh well we were one of the first to a gig but it didn't last long.

thanx.

the core is an 850 i believe and the voltage is set on my gfd @ 1.85. i tried 1050 but no go til i reinstall my watercooling.

im waiting for my ac2 to get here and im starting work on my reservoir.
the core is kinda blue.
ill post another pick for ya when i put the ac2 on. u might be able to scrool the posts a week or two back and see the pick of the blue colored die compared to my other green one. dont know if the color helps but it has copper connects.

Is your water block mounted to the athlon heat plate or is it direct die cooling? I am sure you would see better preformance if the water block touched the cash chips and the core. How fast is your cash rated? At 1050 it would only be at 350 mhz which isn't to bad. I believe the cash on an athlon can be from 2.8ns to 3.5ns if I remember right.

yes, when i reapply my watercooling, the dd water block comes in direct contact with the die.

im not sure about the cash.
ive soldered the cache to 1/3 on 2 previous chips with great results.

but heres the code off the 750 t-bird if that helps:

A850CPREFA
920SS40067
0029SPDW

i would love to get 1200mhz but ill be happy with 1050, i think lol
ive got a BIG psu and a 156 watt pelt to use also, just havent had time.

i doubt that that chip has cache chips- a tbird slot should have on die cache as mine does-just makes it easier, 1 less thing tp cool, and it runs at full speed

you wont be able to as i have the xact same board as you and SOFT fbs does nothing- yes it sux just like our boards. o well upgrade is in the horizion

Back