• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are the reasons for DFI LP B to drop LAN?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

I read that dual channel is a common issue for this problem. Anyone else know some other reasons? Mine keeps dropping LAN after initial bootup about 10-15 minutes into using the system in windows or even on a game. My RAM is PC3200 KHX with 2-2-2-6 timings stock and running stock as well.

The biggest reason i found for this was the bios. One of my lan ports would notwork at all with the stock bios. A flash to the 1/21 beta fixed that. Bioses are availible from www.dfi-street.com . One more thing stay away from the alpha bioses unless you enjoy killing bios chips.

I'm not if sure the LP boards have the same problem but with the Infinity boards you have to enter the Lan address. Its the sticker on top of the AGP slot and the option is on the bottom of the Genie BIOS page.

good point wannaoc, I forgot about that, my board autodetected it but some might not. This option is also usefull if you want to clone mac addresses for dsl routers makes it easy when you can simply change the mac address of your lan card.

I've heard a lot of NF2 boards have LAN issues. Sometimes they are resolved by disabling the FSB Spread Spectrum and AGP Spread Spectrum settings in the BIOS.

Back