• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help.... Loked Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ApocalypseNow

Registered
Need Help.... Locked Barton 2500+

OK i`m really mad ... This is my problem: I have my voltage at 1,9 v
My fsb200 Mhz .... Interface is enabled. My multi si obviousley set at x11... But I can`t seem to get higher Fsb... Not even if I raise the voltage... Pls help me get it higher.... it`s begining to bug me!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
And dude, drop the voltage down. If you can't get past at 1.8, 1.9 won't make that much of a difference unless you what short computer life. From my experience, 1.75 to 1.8 should be enough to do just about anything. Its a computer, not an electric chair. Nothing has to die :)

The stock cooler of amd is on my video card.. The cpu has the Gigabyte 3d Cooler pro ...... But that link for L12 mood is for the cpu`s that have 133 base fsb is it not? My Barton already haz 166 base fsb. And for the voltage issue ... If i lower it I get unstable....:( :( :( :(

Omg lol, sorry I didnt read your sig correctly. Still, what are your temps? Motherboard monitor is a good program for monitoring them, if you dont use it already.

Relax your RAM timings + note that it's already overclocked to 2.2 GHz if you're running it at 200 FSB, which is nice for a stock Barton heatsink.

You realize you just turned your 2500+ to 3200+ and you did that with stock cooling, that is not a reason to fume, I'd be happy.

OK OK I absolutley have to edit that signature!! IT IS NOT STOCK!!!!
:p :p :p :p
I`t Gigabyte`s 3D cooler Pro ... My timings are 5/2/2/2 :) He he

He doesnt have stock cooling - thats on his gpu. What kind of psu do you have? Also I think those timings need to be relaxed.

Thanx a lot.... That`s nice of you. Do you think that easing the memory timing would help hitting a higher fsb? How much should I ease them?
Recomandatinons?

If you can directly set them try in various configurations such as 2-2-2-11 or just change the setting to something like optimal (or whatever lower setting your bios has)! To be honest there is not a lot of RAM out there that can do much beyond 200FSB at 2-2-2 (BH-5 springs to mind)

Then is my timing insane? I just set it 11/2/2/2 as you said .... But ... no results ...:mad: :( :mad: Can`t get 201 (windows gives a blue screen)

Set it to Automatic to get it out of the way, you can tighten timings later.

ApocalypseNow said:
Then is my timing insane? I just set it 11/2/2/2 as you said .... But ... no results ...:mad: :( :mad: Can`t get 201 (windows gives a blue screen)
Yes insane especially if your RAM is V1.2! Try using its rated speed 2-3-2-6 or relax even further to say 2.5-3-3-8 - you will definitely see an increase in FSB but this might not necessarily improve performance. My 2-2-2-11 comment was merely a throwaway figure to convey that it should be changed from its current setting it was not meant to be specific - sorry for the confusion.

OK I am now runing at Vcore 1,8 .... RAM 6/3/2/2 ....211 fsb ... Stable
If I go to Cas latency of 2.5 then The most I could get was 215 Mhz fsb... That is not worth it... Any ideas for further rising????? Thanx a lot for this one!

Back