• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap pump what ya think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPirate

I was at a local cheapo store in the area looking for clamps and a few barb peices for my system and i came across this pump for $10. 105 gph with 30' head what yall think, decent for a small system?

Attachments

• mvc-006s.jpg
    mvc-006s.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 169
It could work. Looks like it has some of the same specs and some of the lower end pumps. It really depends on what you have in your syestem and what kinda temps you are looking for. If you are using any kind of high/med restriction blocks such as RBX, Cascade, WW then no this is not gonna cut it. Also you might wanna be a tinny bit worried about the thing up and dieing on you and killing your system. Beats me though. Anyone else got an idea?

yea thats true, its also virtually silent i can't tell if its on or not only if i feel it vibrating all well just picked it up to see if it would work for anything

oh, its a little more head the the average cheapo ~100gph pump.
and i see a '2year warrenty' on it, it might not be so bad..
definantly wouldn't run a restrictive block with it, but its not bad.

2.5 feet of head is pretty iffy. You might be able to pull it off with a really low head loss block and a single pass HC

Well i got a MiniJet 404 comming in the mail i think thats just as weak. Im not too sure of the gph for that i hope it works well or ill be abit angry.

yea i saw the 30 foot of head and i was about to send him a pm ready to buy it

prolly good as a spare pump..

Back