• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu usage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

65stang

i was looking in my task manager and with trillian running, outlook open 2 aim windows, and windows media player, usage was at 60%??? isnt that sorta high for my rig?

heres a picture

cpuprocesses.jpg

do a search on google for "HijackThis". It really removes any hard to get rid of programs off your computer if you find you have something you want to get rid of.

there isnt something easier than figuring em all out??? i know what a few are. no proggy that just edits it for ya??? if not someone needs to make one

the site of the first link i gave you has a tool. i believe there is a trial version. test it out and let me know how it works.

figuring out what is running doesn't take long anyway. plus it's well worth it to have an optimized computer.

Also try using "msconfig" in the run command. This will open up the microsoft configurer. Go to the tab that says startup and disble any apps you do not need to run when your computer starts up as this will not load anything you dont want which in turn gives you less processes running. That is one easy way to get rid of app that you do not use when the computer loads and will also get rid of some the processes from those apps. And when you do want to run those apps just launch the programs .exe file and it will run like normal.

keep clockin

Back