• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose a card...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducatti

I am torn between 5 cards... (staying with $175)
9600 Pro 256mb
9600XT 256mb
9800NP 128mb
FX5700 Ultra
FX5900XT
All 5 of these cards are within my budget...
I'm not really looking to overclock the card untill I get my water system up and running, so may be buying a vga silencer 3 to go along with this new card...

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
What are you looking ot do with your card? If you're looking for a good card to last you a while, the 9800np would be a great choice. I you just want to be tided over for a little bit until the R420/NV40 and PCI-Express come out, then the 9600 pro is pretty good.

They're ALL good cards, it just depends on how much money you want to spend =)

JigPu

well, I'm replacing a 9500Pro (fan died and 3d is kapoot), I will be going to PCI express in 2 years when I overhaul the system.. Looking for a healthy gaming card with overclock potential for the $175 range..

9800np all the way. 9600xt is not even a good second choice because its half the speed for 80% the price

------ What is your current card?

If I'd be you I'd wait a little bit, because since new video cards are coming out, VERY soon v-card prices will drop dramatically. Which means you could'a get an ATi 9800 Pro within your budget. :)

Otherwise I agree with JigPu only get yourself 9800np instead :D.
JigPu said:
I you just want to be tided over for a little bit until the R420/NV40 and PCI-Express come out, then the not 9600 pro but 9800np is pretty good.

They're ALL good cards, it just depends on how much money you want to spend =)

JigPu

Last edited:
I'd wait but my 9500 pro is shot... Feb 2006 is the earliest I'll be going PCI express, so I'm gonna go with either the 9600XT or the 9800np... Leaning towards the 9600XT right now, more in the budget...

Back