• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV Tuner and Cable Internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
Im looking to get a TV Tuner card to watch TV on the computer, and also to do some Video Capture to burn to DVD's, but I only have one cable connection......to my internet. If I buy something like this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...33854&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08088 will it allow me to split the connection between the TV Tuner, and the Cable modem without killing too much of my bandwidth?

Kendan said:
Most cable companies will not let you buy just intenet:( You have to get there basic service.

My cable company here does and that's how I'm setup right now, cable internet and satellite TV. They charge us more for the internet than if we had the tv subscription as well but it still ends up being cheaper having them seperate. It's Cable One btw.

You might have a small prob if line resistance is too high, i had a prob and comcast came out and fixed it since we split our line, they used a lower ohm splitter so the signal strength is higher and before it kept cutting out which totaly sucked~! I dont think you will have a prob tho.

Back