• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another shroud for the lian li...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stockhatch

Ok, so i looked at the last shroud I made and wasnt quite happy with the fan layout....soooo, I decided to build another one. This shroud buts directly to the rad and I originally planned to have a shroud and fan on the other side of the rad...however, I still have the two 80mm fans that came with the case so I got an idea...(See pics) If I can use the twin 80mm's and get good temps, i can avoid the added clutter of a 120mm in the case...Im going to try this approach first and use the 120mm if the temps are not satisfactory.

Any guesses on whether twin 80's can supply ample airflow through this rad?

AC

Attachments

• fans.jpg
    fans.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 130
Should be fine, aslong as they each move 25+ cfm. They have better static pressure than 120mm fans too.

Giblet Plus! said:
The 80s might be enough, you'll just have to try it.

Are you going to leave them blowing air out through the radiator?

Im going to push the air whichever direction lends better temps...not sure , but alot of ppl seem to have more success blowing hot air out rather than pulling cold air in...

AC

Back