Question newbie with an AMD 233

tell me how to overclock since my AMD 233 isn't that fast anymore , and all the degrees in °C and witch program to use and all i will be happy then

Registered
    Check tips and techniques on the front page for a start. You probably have a lot of jumpers if its a socket 7, so learn more about ur hardware. Like what kind of mobo you have, and if u have the manual for it, read it. There's a program called cpucool which i think you can find on tweakfiles or shadow's ftp, but my temps were way off because of my mobo. It still reads the same sensor, and it had a nice graph. As for teaching you how to overclock, be prepared to do a lot of reading. Go through the old forum posts, or do a search. You'll get there

can't u just post it here?
    rally alot? :eek

man when u do look up info on the cpu and mobo and and...just make sure u dont try to put it past 300mhz i have heard that K6 cpus by amd are built more towards there limit then intel and newer amd .... check out tomshardware.com there might be a howto on overclocking K6 cpus

10 Year Badge
    You should start by finding the model of your motherboard and getting a hold of a manual. Learn what the options are for that board(ie. multiplier, voltage, FSB). However, I don't think you'll get much more from that CPU.

One thing to look for is if the board supports split voltages. If it does, you may be able to throw in a K6-2 CPU at up to 500mhz! I did just that to an old P166 system I have. There's a good guide to help you here: http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/01...212/index.html

how do i know my moitherboard type and stuff?
    and a pic of the game i can only play on this stupid pc!
    btw , i have MMX

D'OH , the pic doesn't workç

10 Year Badge
    Look at the board for a model number and brand name .

PSFBS , and where do i see the number??

Turn off your machine and go watch TV or something

Really though, dont expect getting anything out of that processor. I tried a dozen or more back in the day and you have a better chance of winning the lottery