Dtek WW old v. Dtek WW new v. LRWW

http://www.procooling.com/reviews/ht...ter_waterb.php

i can never get enough of these reviews. surprised it hasnt been mentioned yet

Yeah I had to find it on H. I'm rather impressed with D-Tek. If I could only get my new one doh..
    MSI K8N Neo Platinum - Athlon64-M 3200+ @ 2.5GHz - 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200LL BH-5 - ATi 9800 Pro - MCP600 - LR Cascade - Chevette HC

Unoriginal Macho Moderator nikhsub1's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    It is NOT dtek old vs. dtek new. The dtek block was tested TWICE because pHaestus had problems with the heat source. Both blocks are mine and I assure you there is only 1 dtek block tested.
    Loading Signature ...

oh i see, i didnt read closly enough. i (as usual) started by checking out the graph and saw the 2 dates and didnt pick up on them actually being the same block. thanks for the clearing that up, feel free to change the title.

I was actually suprised how closely they compared to each other. I have an original too nik, one thing struck me as being different than yours. The barbs on mine seem to be much thinner walled, giving a larger ID. I kinda thought cathar had sourced em like that or he had possibly done some type of tuning. Maybe they are just different brands that he's used.

peace.
    unloaded

BANNED TROLL -Per Silversinksam TheGhengisKhan's Avatar
    after reading that, I can still say I'm very happy with my Dtek WW (poly-top, plastic barbs)

Originally posted by UnLoadeD
    I was actually suprised how closely they compared to each other. I have an original too nik, one thing struck me as being different than yours. The barbs on mine seem to be much thinner walled, giving a larger ID. I kinda thought cathar had sourced em like that or he had possibly done some type of tuning. Maybe they are just different brands that he's used.

peace.
    unloaded
    was waiting for that to arise
    yes, there was a barb change and the head loss is slightly less

Indeed. I switched barb brands about 1/3rd of the way through the number of blocks that I made. The newer barbs had thinner walls, were more open, and quite a deal lighter, the obvious benefit here being that it lowered the block's weight. I personally thought that the newer barbs looked nicer too.

I've stuck with that brand since, although they are rather hard to source with a 12 week lead time on orders.

Unoriginal Macho Moderator nikhsub1's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Well being that I got WW # 5 and #6, they were the first barbs used..
    Loading Signature ...