• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
enduro said:
I don't know if you've seen it, but I cut away the front grill on my case, and it really dropped the noise. I had my Delta and Tornado in at the same time, and they sounded the same. My Tornado is in the front on my case though, ducting to my cpu TMD fan. Here's a pic. It's the only way I can use my Tornado and still retain sanity.

DAAAAAAAAAMNNN!!!:drool: That looks nice. Very nice job indeed. Ill post a pic of my new vcard cooler tommorow once I get it fired up :beer:

Flashed to the new D25 cpc on BIOS. Boosted my ram band. in Sandra by 300/220. I haven't gotten a boost in overclock mainly because my cpu temp is limiting my overclock right now, so I can't tell if I can go any higher. I also got a small boost in cpu performance, but nothing compared to the ram boost.

Mobile Newbie

I have been reading along here and what to ask a question about the DFI Uli Inifinity I have. The best I can seem to get is 2.4 mhz. 12@200 I don't have the details at hand but I think something is wrong.

To get this mobile stable, I have to run the voltage all the way up to the max range 1.9+.

AMD Mobile - Don't know the speed how can I tell. Able to get it to boot at 2.5 and even at 2.6 once in awhile but not steable.

SP-97 with a 80mm tornado
Geforce Fx5600pro
pair of OCZ pc3500 gold enhanced memory
Maxtor 80ig SATA drives
pain 500 watt ps

I wounder if the board is nuts. Can't get anything beyond the 12 mult either.
I may have messed something in the forum about this setup. I wounder if its the bios or board revision. I will check the board and see.

I really thing I could get at least 2.5 or maybe 2.6 with this???? Or am I at the limit with this chip. Debated on getting it or the Abit

First, you should make a new thread about this in the AMD CPU section or the AMD BOARDS section. Second, find out ALL the information about your parts i.e. CPU (2400 mobile, 2500 mobile, 2600 mobile AND what stepping and week it is), the BIOS you're running, the RAM timings, all the voltages, etc. Thirdly, do not keep trying to boot at 2.6 if it's not stable without double-checking what you're actually doing right/wrong. You don't want to corrupt your BIOS chip, or you will have to buy another one to hotflash it.

Put this thread in the AMD BOARDS > DFI section. I think that would be best. Once again, don't forget to retrieve all the worthful information you can provide to the rest of us here. I have an ABIT NF7-S myself, and unfortunately don't know about the DFI's, but 1.9V sounds a bit high for a mobile that can't do over 2.4ghz stable.

Here's my info. I am continuing here cause I am thinking about getting a NF7 and what to see if it will help. And this is a 2400 Mobile Thread Too.

AXMH2400FQQ4C
IQZFAQ347XPMW

PC3500 OCZ433-1024ELDC-K EL 512 CH 2-3-3-7

SP-97 92mm tornado

NFII Rev. A bios dated 10-15-2003

stable at 200@12, cpu 1.725, dimm 2.65

msi fx5600 VTDR128

dual Maxtor 80 SATA Deluxe drives (the new ones with silicon barrings)

hey 99,

you can look here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287973

and here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=271103

for IQZFA 2400+ results to see what you can realistically expect. i'd say 2300-2400MHz is possible, not a whole lot of 2400+ can do 2600MHz but the difference in speed is slight. really is.

since you have ch5 memory, toss as much voltage on it as the bios lets you, ch5 can do better timings than what you've got; that should give you a bit of a boost.

also, consider bumping fsb up a little; that would speed up things as well.

yup, sen helped me a lot today with my 2600+ (hats off to sen). I have the same exact stepping as him, and was able to get similar results. I think my PSU is holding my back. I also need to cool SB and Mofsets.

Got it to 2500!!!

Got it to 2500!!!

Flashed the Net Inifinity to the newest bios and it worked.

Running at around 40C no load
13.5@186mhz 1.775v
dimm is on auto 2.65v running at max SPD so far 223 mhz.

I having tried to boot windows yet. But I think I have a lot of room to adjust things

Got windows to boot at 2.56mhz 12.5@205 1.90~~ memory is maxed at 3.0 anything more it goes nuts. Still under 50c.

Running all day. Having primed it yet.

guys,
what do you think about AMD M-Barton 2400+ FJQ4C AQYHA 0409SPMW ?
how far i could oc with Tt Volcano 6 Cu+ ?

don't know about UPMW's . i'd advice running a search on that one and check what ppl are getting.

IIRC I have a UPMW (IQYHA) and Im able to pull 2.7 on air, granted with 1.9vore, but my temps are decent @ 48C LOAD

How about Thermaltake SilentTower Heatpipe Cooler?
Does it fixed with my ABIT NF7 v2.0 ?

Back