• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you recomend the new NF7's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
Im torn between the new NF7-S or the DFI ULTRA infinity . Both boards seem to have thier problems, but the DFI's seem more major. I heard newegg is shipping the revision 2.4 of the NF7-S and they OC like crazy....is this true?

I also want to know this as I am thinking of getting one. My NF7-S is an old one that is not very good. :-/

If you're leaning towards the NF7-S, wait until you get some more confirmation about how good the boards coming from Newegg are. It would suck to get stuck with a crappy NF7-S...I got stuck with 3 bad ones in a row.

What problems with the DFI are you concerned about?

I got a refurb nf7-s. Love it. came with all the cables, manuals, IDE to SATA converter. And perfect working condition. But i would doubt that other people would get this lucky.

Steven4563 said:
i would

i love my NF7-S and i got someone else a NF7-S then other week and he loves it and his is the new verison

Where was it purchased? I am pretty confident newegg will send me a new version if I order it.

Welcome to the forums.

Please check your personal mail.

YGPM (you got personal mail)

Circutbreaker8, I went ahead and bought a new NF7-S from newegg on May 10th. Let you know what it is like once I have it up and running later this week.

Newegg - Retail...2 months old or so...one of the first "new" ones...

before the L12 mod...220 FSB max...

After L12 mod...Don't know...memory gives out at 260FSB...MB/CPU stable...memory can not handle 260 wiht only 2.9v's...memory in sig...

Well the new NFS-7 came today. It's the 2.3 I beleive with the blue and purple DIMMS and blue IDE controlers. The NB fan is a newer style. Been running fine at 218, which is an improvement from my old one at 205. Think I'll RMA the olderr one because of all the random rebooting probs I had. Maybe I can still get a 2.5 like Sententails.

can anyone confirm rev 2.4 from newegg ? and what's the difference between normal 2.0 - 2.4 ?

where would it say rev. 2.4?

also, mine is a recent one from newegg. fsb goes up to around 245-250 prime-stable then the n/b starts to run out of juice it seems.

I got mine a week ago and can't boot up my asus 9600xt, its not recognizing it, the manual says (abit) it does not support a 2.2V AGP and asus says it needs a 'steady stream' of 3.3v or the system will crash. Just some fine print in the manual.

I am quite mad...

Nancy

The .4 / .2 etc was started by myself and a few others to describe the differences between each NF7.

Officially there is only 2.0 but there are soooo many varaitions that we adopted that system.

BTW I now have 258 stable:cool:

LOL i'll sell my NF7-S 2.0 ...

just can't get more then damn 200FSB * 11 on my BARTON 2500+ unlocked !

if you wont increase vcore and vdimm, tedy, you'll still be there on any motherboard. keep telling you man...

if you wont increase vcore and vdimm, tedy, you'll still be there on any motherboard. keep telling you man...

i second that. I had the same problem until i started messing with those voltages. I only got to 203 fsb, but that was just a try in like 5 minutes. I never went back to messing with it to try to get it higher. I may have to do that sometime soon.

I heard newegg is shipping the revision 2.4
there site still says V2. is this just order and get lucky, or are there different versions being sold?

Back