• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the Via Aqua 1300 any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluediamond

I am looking at setting up my work rig watercooled. I just ordered a D-Tex Spiral CPU block for $25, now I need a pump and a radiator. Nothing special, not even really looking for any huge performance either, just wanting to water cool my rig. I will be running an 2500+ @ 2.2 on an A7N8X board. I will only be cooling the cpu and am planning on using 1/2" tubing. I also only want an 80mm radiator (thinking about the swiftech). Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks for the link. It seems as if the Via is a bit of a gamble.
Any suggestions for a pump under $50?

The hydor L35 would be a good choice, but if you can afford it, the Laing D4 is da bomb. The D4 is pretty much the best computer water pump available, as the swiffy MCP600 is arguably better because it's a little quieter and uses a little less power.

::edit:: be sure to use 5/8"OD 1/2"ID hose barbs on your setup no matter what pump you choose. If you use the stock 1/2"OD 3/8"ID barbs, you effectively have a 3/8" loop and might as well use 3/8" tubing...

I like my Via Aqua 1300, it's been setup submerged in a res, then setup inline for a while and then pumped perfectly sitting in the bottom of -9° F Methanol,Antifreeze and water mixture without a problem.

Thanks for the link. It seems as if the Via is a bit of a gamble.
Any suggestions for a pump under $50?

This is true, but you can get FOUR of them for under $50.

Or just get 2 for $27.00 shipped from here. Link

Be sure and search the site for the $5 off coupon code

I myself have 2 of these on order for my wifes rig (one as spare or might use the other to WC my kids computer... huh, a 7yr old with a water cooled PC)......... but then again I ordered a Hydor L30 for my own setup.

hey guys!!
what about the mag3???
its a great pump
has been pumping in my aquarium for 2years already!!
and its under 50 bucks (i got it for like 48shipped)

Anyone up for the Laing D4? It can be had for under $50 I hear... DD sells it, but it's relabled (12v DC pump) and it's like $78 on their site.

Hey Cyrix_2k,

Got any links to a site that sells the D4 for under $50. That would be sweet. I did a quick Google and mostly found links back to this forum. :)

mag3 or eheim 1250.....i have an L30, no complaints but everything i've read says those pumps are better...i have an ehaim coming but won't be able to compare it for a couple of months...moving to colorado next month....

Back