Question MAC address on multi pc HELP!!

Here is the problem, I have AT&T cable, it's really fast I clocked it at about 1.4m down and 4-500k up. So for the problem, they let me have 3 pc's with 3 different MAC addresses on one modem but I need to add another. right now I have a sohoware hub on cascade with 3 pc's and the modem in the last slot. It works great, Now if I have the modem go straight into my pc and another nic card coming out to the hub will AT&T only see my MAC address on the main computer and not the others allowing me to have more than 3 pc's on at once. If not will changing the MAC on the software level for one of the pc's to match one of the other ones work. In effect fooling there firewall into thinking there are only 3 pc's.

Thank you for any help in advance. This site has been a real help in all my indevers into getting the most from my computer.

What you need is a router. It will "fool" the firewall regardless of how many computers are behind it.
    "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan

Proud member of the XDC

Originally posted by Kingslayer
    What you need is a router. It will "fool" the firewall regardless of how many computers are behind it.

He said it all...Linksys refers to it as a "cloned" MAC..This feature is great, put it this way, I have 4 computers and AT&T thinks I have only 1. gota love it.

Netgear calls it spoofing.
    P4 1.8a @ 3006 @ 1.6Vcore
    Iwill P4HT

So any linksys router. How would you hook it up? the same way as a hub?

its similar to a hub in the phycial setup such as the internet line in and then branching off to computers...

This should make it a bit easyier, Ive attached the user manual that comes with the 1,3,4 port routers this will give you a good idea of how everything works

Ok, cant up load pdf files....so here is the link to the Linksys support page, here you can download the file.
    http://www.linksys.com/products/userguide.asp

You don't need to buy a multi port router, you can purchase a single port router and connect to it from the uplink port of your existing hub to your modem. If you're so inclined, this will save you a few bucks. I've done this with a Lync-Sys and it sets up exactly the same as the multi port units. You still get the benefit of a "hardware" firewall.
    AMD, eXPperience the difference ---------- ---------- ----------SETI 24/7*8