• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5.75hrs/WU on a T-Bird 1.55G normal??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
well, on my T-Bird 1.33 @ 1.55G (11x141), fastest memory timing, etc. it average 'bout 5:40-6:10hr per WU. does it sound normal to u guys?? btw, it's running the screensaver client w/ blank screen on.

in contrast, my other PIII 700 @ 1000 (7x143), it finish a WU 'bout 8:10hr.

how can i improve the time??? i've heard running the CLClient will help for 'bout 10-15%. does it work on Win98se?? but how do i do that? i've managed to download file. but then?? just double click it?? do i have to uninstall the 3.03v client?

tks in advance for any of ur help!! :)

i see no reason to run win98 unless your either just hell bent on using a os that doesn't werk or some other odd reason, take the dive and get win2k. the seti clc version is must faster. to monitor it try using a little program called setispy. goto our seti homepage and goto links to download it. hope i helped a little bit.

those times are good for the screen-saver client. as the the command-line client.. there should be a tut on the website.. have a look there, and if you're still stuck, then come along back for some help.

hmmm... I would think that you would be faster.
I am getting 5.5 hrs avg per WU with a 1.4 (10.5x136), Win98se, cheap CAS3 memory.

LandShark said:
well, on my T-Bird 1.33 @ 1.55G (11x141), fastest memory timing, etc. it average 'bout 5:40-6:10hr per WU. does it sound normal to u guys?? btw, it's running the screensaver client w/ blank screen on.

how can i improve the time??? i've heard running the CLClient will help for 'bout 10-15%. does it work on Win98se?? but how do i do that? i've managed to download file. but then?? just double click it?? do i have to uninstall the 3.03v client?

Running the GUI version, those are good times. If you ran the CLI version, you could get better times. My 1.4 @ 1.622 (141 x 11.5) is getting times of about 4:40 - 4:50 (ave AR .4xx) with the CLI, and my PIII 1.0 @ 1.170 (156 x 7.5) is getting about 5:45 on the same AR WU's.

Also change your FSB to 150x10, I had mine @ 1.54, 140x11 but mem bench is better with a higer FSB and SETI likes a Higher FSB also.

Good Luck.

Crunch-eth on.

Dave.:)

LandShark said:

Those are great times for the Screen Saver. Yes you can run the Command Line Client which will shave more time off your work units. To download the Command Line Client go here:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/setiathome/setiathome-3.03.i386-winnt-cmdline.exe

Also you should use Setispy with that. Make sure that it is in the same directory as the Command Line Client. You can download that here:

http://pages.tca.net/roelof/setispy/SetiSpy.exe

You should also use SetiDriver which is a cool program to link to the Command Line Client. You can download that here:

http://www.wakeassoc.com/setidriver/SETIDriver.zip

To link all these together go here:

http://overclockers.ws/seti/Instr1.htm

I hope all this info helps.

yeah, i know SETI love high FSB.

the reason why i ask is b/c i used to have a 1.0G AXIA @ 1.4G (147x9.5), and it finish a WU in 'bout the same time as the one i'm using 1.33 AYHJA "Y" @ 1.55G (141x11). max only like 10-15mins different!!

i would love to run it at 148x10.5 = 1.55G; however, for some unknown reason. anything higher than 141 FSB w/ 10.5 is a NO-NO!! just posted, but didn't even start booting Win!! it is the same memory, Cruical PC133 CAS2, i was running w/ the old AXIA chip at 147 cas2, all memory timing setted highest!

that's why i'm stuck w/ 141 FSB right now, even tho it used to running at 147 w/out any problem! but not anymore??!!

any idea!!???

i'll download the CLClient version tonight and see if it works out better?! btw, do i have to delete the GUI version?? i did downloaded the SETISpy already, and that's what it's saying! ''bout 5:45mins +/- 15mins when the rig is completely idle!

tks for u guys help!!

My 1.33 @ 1.50 runs W/U's around 4.45, it has one now, 41.00% done @ 5.47 hrs BUT it is a low angle of .086

Crunch-eth one due.

Dave.

Re: wow

luckywhitepaw said:
I'm getting 57 hrs. per WU, is that normal for a 1.3Ghz P4 with 400 Mhz FSB

Not likely. What is the rest of your configuration? (mem timings, SETI client)

wow, that sure doesn't sound good at all!! 57hr/WU!! assumming a P4 1.3G is 'bout the same as a PIII/T-Bird class 700-800MHz CPU. it should be get it done much sooner!! my old PIII 450 @ 566 could finish way less than that!!

what i think is, u most likely r using the screen saver client w/ the facny but slowly graphic on!! if so, adjust the setting setting -> turn blank screen on after xx mins --> set it to 0 mins . u sure will see a big jump of the WU time!! :cool:

What version of SETI are you guys running. Is there something wrong with my OS, I checked my system out at The Pit and stats say my computer is running at their top 97%. What could be the problem, Im running the 3.03 version.:mad:

i'm used to run the GUI version w/ the blank screen on. on my main machine, it turns into 'bout a little under 6hr / WU. after the helps from other members in this forum, i'm now running the CLC client + SETI Driver + SETISpy, and it average 'bout 4 1/2 - close to 5hrs / WU.

i really recommand anyone use the CLC version instead!! :cool:

Landshark can you show me how to get your version of SETI@home OS. I plan on making a SETI farm using dual p3 and p4 sysyems, I have to get this down.

luckywhitepaw said:
Landshark can you show me how to get your version of SETI@home OS. I plan on making a SETI farm using dual p3 and p4 sysyems, I have to get this down.

Here are the direct downloads you need Windows CLC, Seti Spy, Seti Driver and here are the instructions you need to follow to get them up and running. This is for one processor setups but if you need help setting up for dual procrssors just post and we will help ya out :D

LandShark said:
yeah, i know SETI love high FSB.

the reason why i ask is b/c i used to have a 1.0G AXIA @ 1.4G (147x9.5), and it finish a WU in 'bout the same time as the one i'm using 1.33 AYHJA "Y" @ 1.55G (141x11). max only like 10-15mins different!!

i would love to run it at 148x10.5 = 1.55G; however, for some unknown reason. anything higher than 141 FSB w/ 10.5 is a NO-NO!! just posted, but didn't even start booting Win!! it is the same memory, Cruical PC133 CAS2, i was running w/ the old AXIA chip at 147 cas2, all memory timing setted highest!

that's why i'm stuck w/ 141 FSB right now, even tho it used to running at 147 w/out any problem! but not anymore??!!

any idea!!???

i'll download the CLClient version tonight and see if it works out better?! btw, do i have to delete the GUI version?? i did downloaded the SETISpy already, and that's what it's saying! ''bout 5:45mins +/- 15mins when the rig is completely idle!

tks for u guys help!!

Can you bump up your memory voltage?

i did. i up the voltage from 3.4 to 3.5, and still no good. however, i just tried a 147x9.5 or 10, it runs fine again?! weird!! i'm using 1 stick of 128MB, and 1 stick of 256MB Cruical CAS2 PC133, i might try to take one out, and just use 1 stick of memory see if it helps?! i've heard that sometimes mobo "might" have problem w/ different memory slot or 2+ sticks. hope that's the case...... will let u guys know......

however, i couldn't afford any down time rite now 'cos there's a guy, i think he's listed in our team site as a helper, was running neck to neck w/ me in our team ranking for the past couple weeks. either he beat me by a couple more WU or i beat him the other way. which was FUN!! friendly competition!! however, since my slowest machine is being upgrading now, i only have 2 running, and he's starting to pull away from me. so, i could afford to have another machine down rite now....heeee....;) i think he's name is "acardian" i guess...??? but tell u the truth, it's been fun 'cos i check the ranking everyday just to see if i could catching up or he's pulling away.....:D i think we're producing 'bout the same WU the past couple of weeks, +/- 2 WU. glad my parts is on it's way 2morrow, so i could have all 3 machine fire back up again. "acardian", wait for me, i'm coming back up!!! :D

now that's extra FUN for being is this team!!!! :)

Back