Benchmarking software

What are the better benchmarking programs out there?

I am going to get 3D Mark, and I've heard a bit about Sandra, but what's the best, and do you need more than one?

Thanks

I use Sandra because its one of the most popular ones out there, it gives you not only benchmarks, but also information about your PC like CPU, motherboard, RAM and other things. And 3D Mark doesn't work on my comp for some reason.

You might get both just to see what you're getting.

10 Year Badge
    I've got Sandra but really it doesn't seem to be all that, to me. A bit simple.

I'm actually a bit ****ed because when I followed Sandra's advice for running tweakui my machine quit booting. That's just pure nasty as far as I'm concerned.

I picked up ZDnet's Content Creation Winstone 2001 and Business Winstone 2001, and now that's a comprehensive set of torture tests. You can get them for free or next to it from zdnet or etestinglabs. Blows Sandra away as far as I'm concerned.
    "If you can't explain it in simple terms, you don't understand it"- Albert Einstein

Alright, I'll have a look at these programs, I'm definetly going to get 3DMark to bench gaming performance

10 Year Badge
    http://kp.e-storefront.com/whql/Cate...CategoryID=100
    This is a benchmark program that supposedly will really tax your system...test it for multi-tasking abilities...The dually guy's use this for benchmarking workstations...might give it a try you can...you can download it or buy it for what ever Windows OS you are using...
    If you build it...They will come...and I will crash it!!!

Switching to Intel
    Antec 300, Corsair HX5650W, Asus P5Q PRO Turbo, Intel Q9550, Thermalright SI-128-SE, 2x4 G.Skiell PC64000 DDR2, XFX 4890, 640 Black OS Drive, 2 640 Blacks RAID-0, Audiotrak Prodigy HD2, Vantec SATA EzSwap, Mitsumi floppy, Lian-Li card reader, Lian Li T4, Dell E198WFP, AudioEngine 5 speakers.
    In progress build.

10 Year Badge
    Sorry bout that here is the download site
    http://www.microsoft.com/hwtest/testkits/download.asp

This is the site to check out any error messages you get
    http://www.microsoft.com/hwtest/sear...tem&Sort=Title
    If you build it...They will come...and I will crash it!!!

Switching to Intel
    Antec 300, Corsair HX5650W, Asus P5Q PRO Turbo, Intel Q9550, Thermalright SI-128-SE, 2x4 G.Skiell PC64000 DDR2, XFX 4890, 640 Black OS Drive, 2 640 Blacks RAID-0, Audiotrak Prodigy HD2, Vantec SATA EzSwap, Mitsumi floppy, Lian-Li card reader, Lian Li T4, Dell E198WFP, AudioEngine 5 speakers.
    In progress build.