• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Low??!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steve_o187

I have a geforce fx5900xt golden from gainward and after running 3dmark2001, my 3d score was 9196, which seems a bit low.Aqau 3d was Gfx 4302 Cpu 3995 390/700
Gfx 4458 Cpu 4167 450/780.

Ayn ideas y the scores seem to be a little low? Thanx

700mhz frequency on memory seems a little low for a Golden Sample card. Is that stock speed?

I can only assume "throttling" is occurring because of the high core speed. Either that or a driver/hardware/DirectX/BIOS issue.

It's hard to tell with such little information.

Personally, I'd overclock the memory more than the core. That's just my preference though.

My system (266FSB) scores just over 6000. Yours should be higher judging by your specifications. You do NEED more RAM though...

ALWAYS NEED MORE RAM!!!

:attn:

The only FX5900XT better than --common-- which I know are Albatron with 800mhz mem, perhaps XFX does some nicer samples too... Ram doesn't matter that much in this test, 512 should be ok.

3Dmark gives really low scores tho... Maybe try other drivers?

Btw, MrBozack, if your mem is performing so nice (looking at sig), you could try 5950Ultra flashing (ofc, you need to do backups and to have additional PCI card).

Back