• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keyboard problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
well i have encountered some new, very odd problems. my shift key will not capitalize letters, in fact when i hold it down in an attempt to capitalize a letter, the letter will not even appear. sometimes if i hold shift and tap the letter i want to capitalize very quickly, it will work, but not always. it also isnt that the key itself is messed up, since it will perfor other functions....for instance if i push shift i, it tabs....etc....

i have also noticed that in word trying to capitalize an i leads me to italic font...almost like the shift has taken the place of ctrl, but ctrl wont capitalize letters. if i push my right ctrl button, mozilla starts. this is strange. i tried a system restore, rebooting, unplugging the keyboard, and plugging it back in, and nothing seems to help.

any suggestions are more than welcome, this is driving me bonkers.

Back