• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Event viewer/networking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andy334

This is what I see in event viewer as an error

A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network. The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which name is in the Conflict state.

My 4 computers are connected together via Linksys router, each comp has only one network card, win 2000pro is my OS
I don't have problem to communicate in between 3 computers, the 4-th is a little deleted sometimes
my network group is home and each comp has it's unique name,router linksys has disabled DHCP but I had the same error with DHCP (ON ) on router. protocols installed are NetBEUI, TCP/IP
ALSOthis

The browser has received a server announcement indicating that the computer ANDY is a master browser, but this computer is not a master browser.

And this The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer that currently believes it is the master browser is unknown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back