Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATI vs. NVIDIA

The Lost Soul

Question ATI vs. NVIDIA

opinions anyone?

first of all, this is gonna get closed
    secondly, use the search function, there have been a ton of these threads.
    "Unlike Windows, Linux tries to happily coexist with other OS's. It's not like Windows which will go out of its way to break other installs." MRD
    "On the second day of the seventh month, in the third year of the new milenium, Wedo looked down and saw new pow-ah join team 32, and it was good." Wedo
    "I switch Oses like most people change pants. :)" rogerdugans
    "Always be sure to flash your bios during lightning storms!" MRD

Please Fold for team 32!
    portage > apt > source > rpm > windows update
    Gautam is a water buffalo

The Lost Soul
    sorry just bored and wanted to see everyone's opinion, not trying to start any controversy here

10 Year Badge
    This has flamebait stamped all over it .
    1/Asus P6T SE,Core i7 920 ( H2O ),ATI Radeon 5870 ( H2O ),OCZ Reaper 6 GB,OCZ Z 1000W modular ps,Seagate 7200.8 250 x2,WD Caviar Black 1TB,Nec AD-7170A,LG GGC Asus USB3.0 and SATA 6g cardBlu-ray/HD DVD drive and burner,Modified Koolance Tower , Swiftech GTZ, Koolance chipset and memory blocks, Modified Maze4 GPU cooler,Vista Ultimate 64
    2/Sony Vaio SR590,Core 2 Duo P7450, ATI 4570m, 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, Crucial M4
    3/PS3 80 GB and 160 GB
    Intermittent FOLDING: system 1, ATI 5870 and PS3 for Team 32
    " Fear of GOD is the beginning of wisdom "
    "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our GOD shall stand forever."

Fold for Team 32

Red face

Ohhhhh boy, definitely gonna be closed.

LMAO! Flamebait! Definately...

Kinda like an 18 year old school boy going to a maximum security prison full of sex-craved criminals.

You have to be silly by doing this don't you?.. Now you will have FANboys and Nvidiots neck to neck killing each other ... *sighs*

Well ratehr than be hostile to the kid ill make my opinnio
    ATi-the faster hardware, and the better drivers when they work, you still hear these odd stories of games not workign with latest cat drivers, and having to revert to 3.7 or move to latest cat drivers, can be anoying but whatever right.
    Nvidia-Slower hardware, and currently their drivers are in the dump. Still at the end of the day I love nvidia, simply for their ti series. I always recommend those, for people on a budget.

If i was going to get a gaming card right now, it would be a hard choice between the GT and the x800. I would wait to see which one overclockes better and gives better benchmarks. I guess if someone shoved me out the door to buy one, it would be the GT.
    Simply because if they were available i would get a nv40 quadro simply because i ador the quadro line, best their is =P

The Lost Soul
    thx day, this is the kind of info i wanted to get out of this thread. admins feel free to close it, didn't mean any harm by it.

10 Year Badge
    nocturnal714 ........... I didn't wnat to post in this thread again . but I just want to explain that ATI vs Nvidia threads are not allowed because they do more harm than good . I see that you joined this month and might not know this . I'm sorry if myself and other forum members sound harsh regarding this thread .

I will be even more sorry if any people begin to start evangelising for their vcard maker of choice .
    1/Asus P6T SE,Core i7 920 ( H2O ),ATI Radeon 5870 ( H2O ),OCZ Reaper 6 GB,OCZ Z 1000W modular ps,Seagate 7200.8 250 x2,WD Caviar Black 1TB,Nec AD-7170A,LG GGC Asus USB3.0 and SATA 6g cardBlu-ray/HD DVD drive and burner,Modified Koolance Tower , Swiftech GTZ, Koolance chipset and memory blocks, Modified Maze4 GPU cooler,Vista Ultimate 64
    2/Sony Vaio SR590,Core 2 Duo P7450, ATI 4570m, 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, Crucial M4
    3/PS3 80 GB and 160 GB
    Intermittent FOLDING: system 1, ATI 5870 and PS3 for Team 32
    " Fear of GOD is the beginning of wisdom "
    "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our GOD shall stand forever."

Fold for Team 32

they never should have taken the "no ati vs nvidia" sticky down

10 Year Badge
    gaaaaaaah! how many threads need to exists to debate the same things? I swear, i see like fifty posts over in cooling about the same heatsink because people are too lazy to use the search function <_<
    Yurisa - Desktop, first upgrade in 6 years lol
    Intel Core i5 4670k@4.5ghz 1.25v - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 Grey - AMD Radeon 5850 1gb - Crucial C300 64gb SSD - HP LP2475W sips/HP f2105 sips - Custom liquid cooling; Raystorm/d5/apogee1u on gpu - Windows 7 Home Premium : still to come; finish rebuilding case, black ice SR1-360, Samsung 740 evo, new storage drive

My Other Stuff
    Heat - Watercooled Lian Li PC-V600 - HIME, Watercooled SFF - RCtech.net; Sanwa/VBCRacing/HobbywingUSA/TeamOrcaUSA

Senior Benchmark Addict
    10 Year Badge
    Bah, screw em both. Intel Extreme Graphics all the way!
    El<(')>Maxi: I still have your board...and I'm afraid I lost your address so I can't send it back...and my pm box is broken...and I can't remember where the PO is anyway

nvidia drivers bad? but beta is never a gurantee.

I think a lot of people on this forum will go for the GT because its the most logical choice, and most people will be interested in overclocking as well.

Instead of starting a thread like this, always search for your info first
    Intel 3770K @4.7GHz, 16GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600 (11-13-11-30) @2133Mhz, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature, Acer HN274H, 2x Samsung 830 128gb in RAID-0

Yamaha 6.1 HTR-5660 4xHarman Kardon 6 Inch Bookshelfs 1xHarman Kardon Dual 5 inch Center 1xVelodyne CHT-10 Sub

10 Year Badge
    Originally posted by Valk
    gaaaaaaah! how many threads need to exists to debate the same things? I swear, i see like fifty posts over in cooling about the same heatsink because people are too lazy to use the search function <_<
    I seldom go in cooling anymore, it seems like everyone just wants to ask the same question, come to think of it, I don't really go in memory, or a lot of the other forums.

Originally posted by Gautam
    Bah, screw em both. Intel Extreme Graphics all the way!
    RIGHT ON!

Disabled
    My avatar speaks for itself.

Integrated graphics are tops!!!!
    Core I7 970 @ 3.6GHZ | Asus Rampage III Formula | 12GB Patriot DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 SC | OCZ Revodrive X2 240GB | PCP&C Silencer 940 | Hyper 212+
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ | Gigabyte X38-DQ6 | 8GB DDR2 | 2 x ATI 4870 1gb in Crossfire | 2 x 2tb | PCP&C 940 Silencer | Cooler Master Cosmos | hyper 212+

It's all about the 8Mb 2x AGP Trident vidcards, BIATCH!

Hotbox................................................Tania
    Shuttle SX38P2-Pro.............................Shuttle K45
    Shuttle 450W......................................Shuttle 100W
    E8400 C0 @ 3.0GHz............................E5200 M0 @ 2.5GHz
    Shuttle X38P2.....................................Shuttle 945GC
    G.SKILL DDR2 4x1GB @ 800MHz ........G.SKILL DDR2 2x1GB @ 667MHz
    Sapphire 5850 1024MB.......................Intel GMA 950

Currently on a silent vacation from overclocking.
    You're all wrong! S3 is the best GFx card maker! Just look at the awesome 2fps performance in Red Faction at 1024x768!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast