Results 1 to 3 of 3
05-18-04, 06:52 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2004
How do you flash the bios? 9800xt
Im a bit of a newbie here and would like to flash the bios on my radeon 9800xt.
Reason is I got this card included in a dell system (I know dont hit me was in a pinch) Anyway this is a built by ATI card. Only thing is Dell flashed it with their own bios which disables the overdrive feature.
So how do I go about flashing the bios?
And which bios should I use? I coudnt find any bios downloads on ATIs site.
Im currently useing the latest omega drivers thoe.
ty kindly in advance for any help on this issue.
05-19-04, 04:17 PM #2
i think but i am not sure that the omega drivers has an option of flashing the card
05-19-04, 07:33 PM #3
1) Download an XT BIOS
2) Rename the BIOS file to a filename that has 8 or less characters before the "."
2) Get FlashROM (google for it)
3) Make a bootable floppy disk and put the BIOS and FlashROM on it
4) reboot with the disk in
5) type "flashrom -s 0 bbackup.bin" to backup your BIOS incase anything goes wrong with the new one
6) type "flashrom -p 0 [bios file]" to flash your card
7) Remove the disk and press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot
If everything goes right you should have a fully-functional XT. If things don't you'll need to get a PCI video card to reflash the 9800 (be sure to change the 0 to a 1 in the above commands to avoid flashing the PCI card).