• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual loop opinions needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

Hi friends, my new radiator is coming, so that i can make a dual loop setup to cool :
CPU - Pentium 4 3.0C with a cascade block(already cooled)
Nortbridge with a chipset block mcw20P(not yet)
Radeon 9800 pro already cooled with a 80 w TEC block MCW 50T
I have tried to cool with an EHEIM 1250 pump and a radiator(F2 with 2 delta fan 120x38), but the temp is pretty high:mad:
So i have bought :

Danner 500 gph pump
Caprice HC double shoudred and 2 fans
MCW 20P chipset block
2 Y conections
T reservoir
DD clear reservoir

My intention is cool the cpu with the danner and the caprice rad(the CPU draw up to 130 W when overclocked), and the other parts(chipset and the tec block) with the EHEIM 1250 and the F2 radiator ,like pump - MCW 20P - TEC block - T reservoir
Anybody has opinions with this setup, like running the blocks parallel, change pumps order, etc.
I do have pics of everything, just LMK.
Regards

Attachments

• p1090016.jpg
    p1090016.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 176
Going dual loop is a superb idea when you've got a peltiered GPU waterblock, it's just about the only way to keep your peltier hot-side and CPU temperatures low, and independant of each other. I'm doing the same thing.

However, if you stick a chipset waterblock in there, your GPU peltier temperatures will adversely affect your chipset temperatures, you might be better off keeping the chipset block in your CPU circuit, using an aftermarket air-cooler, or skipping chipset watercooling altogether.

Looking at your external box, the best place for the Caprice core would be in the box ceiling. Some good measurments, a decent shroud for the Caprice, and a 4.5" Hole saw are all you need for that :)

May I ask why you're going to be using reservoirs? To save space, and money, a couple of T-Lines would be great, and would fit into your external box without any problems.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that a GPU waterblock, and chipset waterblock don't need lots of pressure and high flow rates to perform well; your Eheim 1250 will be wasted on your GPU/Chipset cooling loop, and you won't see signifigant gains, if any, by using it instead of something smaller and less expensive.

Thanks felinusz, i agree with you but do you really think the chipset can dissipate more than 40 W ?:(
I second that a 1250 is a waste of pressure, but i have already bought a danner 5:( , that would be overkill too.
The rad is arriving soon, and is sold the forum(sorry moderators, nothing commercial, courtesy of mike)
Radnshroud.JPG

So i would think:
1 loop with danner 5 - Wad rad - cascade
Second loop EHEIM - Y splitter - chipset and GPU pelt(parallel) - F2 rad - T line (already made it)
What do you think ?
regards

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 156
i'd say that looks good :)
i'd be doing it the same way (bigger pump and rad for cpu) because the cascade is high-resistance and loves high flow rates. for the second loop i'd run pump-rad-NB-gpu-pump, the NB shouldn't be producing much heat at all. the 1250 is probably overkill, but when has that stopped anyone before :) can always sell it and pick up something smaller.
t-lines or custom resevoirs would probably be best for filling/bleeding. the round one you have doesn't look great imo

that is the point;) . I have the same idea, if the 1250 is overkill, why not make a split with Y conectors ?(parallel) :)
The most difficult is to share two pumps on the same space.....:(

i think that box will be a little *tight* but the performance gains over running parallel will be signifigant. Also, if you're running parallel you want each loop to have the same flow resistance. That's going to be very hard, and you will probably want the extra pressure having the mag5 on you cascade can offer.
since you already have the pumps at your disposal, I say run two seperate loops :)
you can always try it out each way and see what your temps are like.

yes, i think i could not explain well. The spliter would be only at the second loop.
So, EHEIM - Y conection - gpu block and chipset block - Y spliter chrome radiator (F2):D
The first loop :
Mag 5 - WA radiator (on the top) - cascade - T line or reservoir.

How ? The inlet is 3/4 OD and the reservoir is 1/2 OD fitting.
Did you mean a 3/4 T conector ?
Here in Brazil is very difficult to find one....

Attachments

• 25371p.jpg
    25371p.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 115
I think he means you would remove the barb from your pump, and mod the reservoir so that it feeds directly into the inlet. Either that, or mod the reservoir so that it uses a 3/4" fitting at the pump intake end.

With the Northbridge, I'm more concerned that the Peltiered GPU block will be adversely affecting your northbridge temperatures, instead of the other way around. I am a little biased by my personal experiences with chipset watercooling, which weren't very positive. Temperatures plummeted, but the lower temperatures did nothing for my overclocking limits; I was just as well off with the stock northbridge cooler.

Running your chipset waterblock and GPU waterblock in parallel doesn't really serve any purpose, as you've got plenty of pressure and flow with that Eheim 1250, and don't need to have a less-restrictive setup for better performance with the GPU and chipset blocks.

Having said that, I don't think there would be any difference in performance between a parallel and series Northbridge/GPU waterblock setup :)

The plan looks good, and should work out really nicely for you :).

Yes felinusz, i got i. I am searching an 1/4npt 3/4 hose conection.
It is bad usplastics dont send by usps, just use DHL, so the price of the transport to Rio de Janeiro would be like $50,00.:(

yes man you are correct. I would ytr to not reduce the inlet flow, so i hve searched some barbs ,but only have found brass fittings, but is 3/4 ID npt 1/2. Bought two. One in in my pump curing and the other is here :

Attachments

• p1010018.jpg
    p1010018.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back