• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so i bought unreal 2k4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

and it's probably the most fun i've had in a long time. i've read people comparing it to halo. unless halo's gameplay was sped up a lot on pc vs it's xbox counterpart, it doesn't even compare to this game. it still has the fast pace of the original unreal, yet has way more styles to play the game and looks completely new.

i skipped over unreal 2k3 and i'm sorry i did now. i forgot how much fun this game is.

TimDgsr said:
i skipped over unreal 2k3 and i'm sorry i did now. i forgot how much fun this game is.

UT2k3 was hit or miss with a lot of people. I think you got the better end of the stick since you didn't spend any money on UT2k3 only to have a much better 2k4 come out.

i just reinstalled UT 2004 and started playing again and there are a ton of new onslaught maps compared to the last time i played. i think everytime i join a game i have to download a map.

TimDgsr said:
and it's probably the most fun i've had in a long time. i've read people comparing it to halo. unless halo's gameplay was sped up a lot on pc vs it's xbox counterpart, it doesn't even compare to this game. it still has the fast pace of the original unreal, yet has way more styles to play the game and looks completely new.

Yea, a lot of ppl seem to make the mistake of comparing it to Halo, simply because the vehicles work in a similar way in UT2k4. Both are completely different styles of games, both are great IMO, but different. ;)

TimDgsr said:

2k3 was a flop in a lot of peoples book, including mine, but 2k4 has more of the original UT feel, so actually your better off and saved your money.

TimDgsr said:

For me 2k3 was just a visual upgrade of the game and not much more. I have yet to get 2k4. Maybe soon.
Rob

definitely check out red orchestra conversion... u can find it on fileplanet and the likes...

you can play with bots but its muuuuuch more fun online. i played it on a friends comp and hopefully ill get it soon.

UT2k3 was like UT Quake III. It felt twitchy, not as solid as the original UT. Those who played the original know what I mean. It definitely had a feel of solidity, or weight, that QIII didn't have.

Alacritan said:
UT2k3 was like UT Quake III. It felt twitchy, not as solid as the original UT. Those who played the original know what I mean. It definitely had a feel of solidity, or weight, that QIII didn't have.

Quake III was horrible to me. The only fps games I ever really got into playing multiplayer online was CS and UT, and of course UT 2k4 now.

Yeah, 2004 was definitely more like the original. They tried to make 2003 too much like Quake. I WAS going to get 2004 after I played the demo. I looked really awesome... but I got Lineage 2 instead... LOL

I didnt notice any diffrence in gameplay from Halo and ut2k4 except ut2k4 had alot larger maps with a hell of alot bette grafics.

Halo would have been better if it was origionaly planned to be made for the pc first then ported to console this way it can utlize current technology instead of being limited to the tech of the console. The Doom3 videos for Xbox is a prime example of what Im talking about. You can see that they had to degrade alot of the features so it can be played smoothly on it. With the ported Halo on the pc they just couldnt add enough features since the program wasnt made from scratch for the pc.

hola...LOL like ut2k4

NO comparision - the nice sloooooow moving halo - the more then ghetto multiplay maps thathave absolutly NO details to them just most are giant open fields with mountains around them and maybe a tunnel..lol

UT2k4 whips Hola's butt to the moon and back again!! and visualy graphcis wise ut2k4 is superiour!

2K3 was just a reason to upgrade my computer for me, I had a great time playing it for a while but got bored fast. Based on comments here I may have to get a copy of 2K4.

Back