• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do I plug this in at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjr1973

There is a speaker in the bottom of my case with an electrical cord hooked to it. Where do I plug it into? I assume it goes somewhere on the motherboard but I can't find anyplace for it. Any advice?

Your motherboard should have a speaker header on it, usually 4 pins with 2 wires, black and red. If you have the book on your board it should tell you were. Its with the HD and power lights and reset and power switch headers. That speaker is for beeping error codes if you have any memory or video or mb problems. Hope that helps.

Edit: if you dont have the book you can always look it up online at the manufactures website.

Isn't there also a small speaker on the motherboard itself? It's an intel 875 motherboard. I'm just not having any luck finding out where that things supposed to go....

I'm not up on the Intel boards but alot of big board makers dont have an onboard speaker (that I have seen at least) do you know the model number of the board?

It's an Intel D875PBZLK. I can't find squat on Intel's site either.

look in the board's manual, it should list the different headers and their functions, usually the speaker header is in the bottom right of the board

Intel's do have a built in speaker. Never used an intel board before, you cant overclock them.

Got this from Intel's site on that board.

There is no external speaker connector for the desktop board. A 47 Ohm inductive speaker is mounted on the desktop board. The speaker provides audible error code (beep code) information during POST.

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/D875PBZ/

I would just tie the wire for the case speaker up and leave it in the case. You may need it for another motherboard.

Thanks a lot for the reply bigdaddyTank. It wasn't a big deal but it was driving me nuts.

Back