• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield ssurvey form EA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

I just got a survey from EA about my experiences with the battlefield franchise. I am one who has purchased every Mod and downloaded the other big free ones.

What they finally were getting at was asking me if I would pay for future mods (I wont, no one plays secret weapons or RTR so I wasted my money) and also If they had an "Elite" service on "super Fast" servers would I pay for it (I wouldn't). They wanted to know if I'd pay either 29.99 or 19.99 a year for this service which had custom armys and 6-8 new maps.

They also wanted to know if I'd pay to download new Maps...(I wouldn't). Come on I've payed a nice chunk of change to this franchise already and they are thinking of having us perchase new maps???? people dont play the new maps that came out with the last patch anyways...

whaddaya think.....would any of you pony up the cash for an Elite service or to download maps????

heck no dont know why they are thinking of that at all. they get enough money from everyone buying the games.

I too received the survey and thought EA was pushing things abit just by asking about "charging" for extras of the game (mods , maps , etc) that almost everyone else gives out for free . What are they thinking . EA has a good thing going with the Battlefield series , why spoil it with the absured idea of charging more $$$ for these extras .
I'll glady pay for the retail game(s) , but think EA is definitly going in the wrong direction here .

My .02

Yeah I agree, I will spend my money on the retail game, but then everything after that should be free.

I bet they are trying to get ideas for Battlefield 2, especially with that "custom armies" thing you mentioned.

yeah whats next charge for patches?? I have enough time forking out cash for the game, let alone expansion packs. NO way am i paying for maps or custom armies. AHHH PFFTT.

If I pay my 65 bucks for a game I expect a developer to deliver a good game with all the content they can pack in. Not a good "base" and then be milked for the extra goodies that they SHOULD be including.

Thats like going to a movie and having to pay extra to see the special effects.

Suck to EA.

everygame I have here that to play just feels like there was 5 minutes of effort put into the whole thing has a nice big EA stamp on the box.

BFV is a joke, the patch they took forever and a day to get out did barely anything, all the mods for BF1942 where a waste of everyones time and money, they are now speaking of bf2...I feel EA has robbed me and anyone else who plays games of quality products and they want to charge me now for every byte of this crap they put out

they are now speaking of bf2...

Have you seen the features of that :eek: i believe they got insane. Talking about 256 client-servers, square miles of battlefields etc. Combine that with some Geomod-like engine, a 'super intelligent battle simulation center', and some weird ranking system and you got the game of the century...when they make it come true :p

Oh yeah, I can't wait for bf2. If they charge monthly fee's for it though I'm never going to play it. Never have I paid for extra content for games, and never will.

20 bucks a year? thats cheap - I pay more than that monthly for other game subscriptions and broadband.

Battlefield: 1942 is a wonderful game. Well designed and balanced. It's still a big hit at LAN parties, 'cause we just set the tickets to like, 1000, and do crazy stuff like dragraces, loops and corkscrews in the bomber, how many people can we get on the wings of a plane and then take off w/. Silly things like that.

I've never played RTR, SWoWWII, Vietnam or Desert Combat, so I can't really pass a judgement on those. But the base game is still great, imo.

Why mess w/ perfection ;)

ninthebin said:
everygame I have here that to play just feels like there was 5 minutes of effort put into the whole thing has a nice big EA stamp on the box.

BFV is a joke, the patch they took forever and a day to get out did barely anything, all the mods for BF1942 where a waste of everyones time and money, they are now speaking of bf2...I feel EA has robbed me and anyone else who plays games of quality products and they want to charge me now for every byte of this crap they put out

Speak for yourself only. I for one love BFV and play it often online and have a blast. My roomate and I play online every weekend when we have some free time. I feel it is one of the best FPS online games out right now. I also enjoyed BF:1942 (never bought the expansions) and think that BFV is even more fun.

I will not pay for anything else other than the game itself though. If they charge for online play I will be ****ed off.

And yes my 9800pro runs great playing this game.

@ Oni

Theres some custom map called humvee race :)

you get to decrease the enemy tickets by racing around checkpoints in humvees :D

Have any of you played the turbo mod for bf1942? It makes you run 4x as fast, fire 100x as fast and addds booster rockets to every vehicle.

Watching a flying carrier/tank/jeep/submarine is quite disburbing ;)

Oni said:
Battlefield: 1942 is a wonderful game. Well designed and balanced. It's still a big hit at LAN parties, 'cause we just set the tickets to like, 1000, and do crazy stuff like dragraces, loops and corkscrews in the bomber, how many people can we get on the wings of a plane and then take off w/. Silly things like that.

Why mess w/ perfection ;)

See what you have to do is get one guy to stand on a jeep, and then everyone else surrounds it and on the count of 3 throw your grenades, you usually have time for 2 to be thrown, but it doesnt matter. The guy on the jeep should drop on at his feet as well. This only works at lan parties, and it is soooo funny.

Speak for yourself only.

hence why I phrased *MY* opinion "I feel" in what I said - so dont bust my chops over it :)

I still stand by what I said, if you love the game, good on you - but what I said stands true for me

Droban said:
See what you have to do is get one guy to stand on a jeep, and then everyone else surrounds it and on the count of 3 throw your grenades, you usually have time for 2 to be thrown, but it doesnt matter. The guy on the jeep should drop on at his feet as well. This only works at lan parties, and it is soooo funny.

I WILL try that at the next LAN (which will hopefully be in July sometime :))

Oni said:
I WILL try that at the next LAN (which will hopefully be in July sometime :))
You should see the stunts the OCG DC team does. Some of the AA guns, when you run them over in a tank flips your tank way up into the air its quite sweet.

Back