• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cajun PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnowlesTech

I want to be a Beta Tester
Ok now this is not the best MOD in the world but I wanted something to portray my Cajun (Coonass) Heritage. I hope you all enjoy this as me and my son enjoyed making it very much! PC, Intel P4 2.2GHz, IS7 MB, 76GB Raptor Serial, 512 MB Ram.

Gator6.jpg

Gator8.jpg

Gator3.jpg

more can be seen at http://www.texomapc.com/OC/

It is different I "GarantE" :D

edited for spelling... :eek:

Last edited:
I GarantE no quackers were hurt in the making of this PC, I cannot say as much for da' Gator. :)

Last edited:
that is quite possibly the ugliest pc i've ever seen, asie from Dell products. but i enjoy it a lot! it's got this crazy-random effect that really gives it a lot of origniality and character. the alligator is so comically out of place, good job. and what are all those things on the front of the case?

Smirabi said:
that is quite possibly the ugliest pc i've ever seen, asie from Dell products. but i enjoy it a lot! it's got this crazy-random effect that really gives it a lot of origniality and character. the alligator is so comically out of place, good job. and what are all those things on the front of the case?

I concur. And you should get rid of all the crap on the front. Unless it's holding it all together..

Lures and a catfish skinner are on the front of the case. The tower was an old Gateway Select case but all the insides are new. It was the only case I had that did not have all the parts and would not close all theway :) Cajun style.

PETA

That stands for :
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals, right?
Are gators tasty? :)

That is great man!

I have seen many people post things such as: "That case is sexy" or "Sexy computer" and I have never understood that line of thinking.....

I have also seen many people post things such as: "Excellent work, even if not to my taste" (Posted that a few times myself. ;))

But here is one that I have not seen before:

That case has CHARACTER.

Most, even the fancy ones, computers look fairly......cold and impersonal.
Not yours. :D

I think that is one of the most unique ways to mod a case that I have seen and you also get credit for doing good work on the mods- they continue the theme just as they are. :clap:
Even more credit for sharing the work with the kid. :clap: :clap:

Very nice job....just don't put food and drinks near the livestock that's trying to escape the case!

I grew up in Liberty, Texas and spent A LOT of time on the Trinity river and the wetlands (ie:swamps) that surround it. I like the case for the simple fact that it brings back memories of all the times spent runnin trot lines and bringing big ol cats out of the really deep holes!

Looks cool, and looks like you and your son had tons of fun. Look for my project I will be posting in a few days (maybe a week). I have the same case as you from my old computer I bought from Gateway, I love it.

I will keep my eyes open for it Altima, I really like this case but with its sides being dbl steel sides it makes it very hard to cut, it dulled my hole saw in the making and I had to use my dremel.

For future reference:

A cheap jigsaw can usually be found for less than $30 USD and does wonders. :)

Get the right blades and you can get pretty fancy with plexiglass or hack through some pretty tough steel.

And you can even use it for stuff besides pc modding too. ;)

Lol, I have a nice one that even allows 0 scroll to cut at your own will, I was trying to make a 80mm Fan whole but the side of the case is two pieces of steel and very hard to ge through, I opted out for the good ole dremel, this weekend if me and my son have time we are going to try to put another 80mm fan in the side. :) gives us something to do to bond, we have several other pcs in the making, just waiting on parts.

Wow. I will certainly say that comes close to my duct-tape bezel and fan attachments, but it really goes the extra mile with the gator. Nice job!

Back