• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best GPU temp monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I get weird lock ups and "pauses" too sometimes, which i read can be caused by the Thermal Throttling.
Every FX Chip has TT integrated in to it. Whether every manufacturer utilises it i have no idea, but just because your card cant display temps doesnt mean it cant use TT. Thats like saying a Motherboard cant have CPU Overheat Protection because it cant display Diode temps.
Did you try NVHardpage? Theres an option to display the Temp Monitoring Page if its disabled in your drivers...

Why isnt it the same? What i'm saying is it doesnt have to be able to display the diode temps to utilize Thermal Throttling which all you was saying it does.
I was using the Motherboard scenario as an example. There are many boards that can display Socket Temps only like the Abit NF7, but they all have to be able to read the diode for CPU Overheat Protection, even though they cant actually display readings from the diode.
My FX5600 is the same. It cant display temps from the diode but it definitely has Thermal Throttling.

All cards with the Cine FX1 and over Chip have a Thermal Diode and support Thermal Throttling.
All cards with the Cine FX2 Chip also support Thermal Throttling in 2D Mode.
Whether every manufacturer chooses to use that feature, i dont know, but every chip has the ability which is what i've been saying all along...

Ever been benchmarking for a while and notice you scores take a dive? Thats TT kicking in.
Ever playing a game and suddenly get weird performance pauses or stutters on your card? That can also be TT as it cuts the clock speed by half.

Last edited:
Back