which opteron has decent oc yields

so like the title says which opteron model has decent oc yields. i would like to reach 2.0ghz per cpu. but the higher models are just so outragously priced. i will probably use high end air or decent watercooling.

bump

I do not have an Opteron yet, just you wait... But I have heard that you can expect to oc any chip 500 mhz before you hit a wall which is probably caused from the lack of an AGP/PCI lock on the motherboards.
    If I had something to say, I would put it here...

i wish i could afford the 250 opteron since it has a core update and will run cooler and most likely oc like a fx-53 since it's the same chip. but i cant so i'm thinking of the 242 or 244

theres a new mobile comin out thats supposed to only put out 35 watts of heat I heard, somethin crazy like that. that'll probably oc really well
    "I named the mold in my toilet Albert. He lived there for five years; until I got a girlfriend and cleaned my room." -curtis1552

are you sure there's going to be a mobile opteron. that seems kind of odd since it's a server chip. unless there going to have a dual opteron laptop which is unlikely but anyways some has to have had a decent oc yeild with an opteron

ack, sry, maybe it was mobile fx, there was an article on theinquirer about it a few days ago...I'll try 'n dig it back up

*edit* yea was athlon 64

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16249

theres the article

my bad, to many amd chip names
    "I named the mold in my toilet Albert. He lived there for five years; until I got a girlfriend and cleaned my room." -curtis1552

there will be 35 watt 2** series opterons mainly at lower speeds at first.
    do the dual nforce 3 250 gb not have a functonal pci lock or are they unavailibel still?
    78.32.221.104/29

I believe it is in AMD's plans to make low heat Opterons for blade server setups. Maybe that's when the 0.09 cores come around.

Hopefully someone will make 1 socket Opteron boards with the nf3 250 chipset, or companies will do BIOS updates for the nf3 150 boards with the AGP lock.
    My Heatware
    OCforums Metal Club member # 665
    OCforums Musicians Club member # 665
    Main/Gaming: i7 920, Noctua U12P-SE, Asrock x58 Extreme, 6GB pc16000 Gskill Pi, Powercolor 7870, 256GB Crucial M500, 160GB Intel 320, Lite-On DVD burner, 600W OCZ modX
    File server: AMD e-350, Asus E35M1-M Pro, 4GB Crucial, OCZ Vertex 3 (OS), 3x Toshiba 1TB RAID 5, 2x 2TB WD Green in RAID 1, Antec 900, Corsair 520HX