• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why when i try to open Internet explorer it takes 15-19 seconds to open

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
When i try to open Internet explorer it takes 15-19 seconds to open it just sits and then it some times opens or i will have to open it again. I have tried reinstalling windows mkany times and i have replaced my Motherboard and graphicscard

The problem happens bnoth when the chip is overclocked and when it is not

I have no idea why this happens

My system
windows xp pro sp1
p4 2.4c
asus p4c800 e deluxe
ati radeon 9600 xt
WD 4200 rpm 40 gig drive

see the running processes, if something is actively using your CPU on high priority level, it might be the cause, or if something accessing your HDD continuously, it definitely will slow down program load time.

Does it do this for all programs (like word processors, etc.) too, or just web browsers?

vinny77 said:
When i try to open Internet explorer it takes 15-19 seconds to open it just sits and then it some times opens or i will have to open it again. I have tried reinstalling windows mkany times and i have replaced my Motherboard and graphicscard

The problem happens bnoth when the chip is overclocked and when it is not

I have no idea why this happens

My system
windows xp pro sp1
p4 2.4c
asus p4c800 e deluxe
ati radeon 9600 xt
WD 4200 rpm 40 gig drive

Well there is probably part of you problem, the 4200rpm HD. Also how much ram do you have?

Edit: Didnt see you sig. I would suspect spyware/adware is your problem. Like what was mentioned before, what dows it show under the processes tab in Task manager. Take a screenshot.

Last edited:
I have 512 mb ocz pc4200

New%20Bitmap%20Image.bmp

Maybe you need to reinstall your OS. Have you run Adaware, or SpyBot to check for spyware/adware? If not, try that first, otherwise I would suggest a reinstall.

What sort of connection do you have, directly connected to the net, through a router?

you reinstall every week :eek: and you never answered... does this happen with all programs?

Back