• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright SLK-948U, Arctic Silver 5, 92mm Case Fan: Panaflo H1A Total $29.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like a pretty good deal. Anyone know how the SLK-948 compares to the SLK-947? I was going to get the 947 along w/ a panaflo 12h over at SVC, which would end up being about 4 bucks cheaper after shipping.

The big difference between the SLK947U and the SLK948U is that the 947U fits on Socket A processors and P4's. The 948U is compatible with the S754/940 Athlon 64's and P4's. Going by what Thermalright's site says, the 948U will not fit on a Socket A system.

I think what they mean is that the 947 is Socket A and the 948 is not? If this were socket A I would jump on it too, have a new Barton 2500 (thanks Tismedt!) that I need a good HS & Fan for.

Scary_Penguin said:
I think what they mean is that the 947 is Socket A and the 948 is not? If this were socket A I would jump on it too, have a new Barton 2500 (thanks Tismedt!) that I need a good HS & Fan for.

Did you even read my link?!? The 948U is completely compatible with socket A.

ElectroX said:
Did you even read my link?!? The 948U is completely compatible with socket A.
umm... the link you posted says it's compatible with athlon64 3200 and above. That doesn't include socket A.

Simple way to remember. 9 means 92mm, 4 means Pentium 4, 7 means K7, 8 means K8.

I think I'll order one of these. Good price and I'm almost out of AS5.

Back