• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium 3-800EB @ 1.2Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyBrStOrM

Registered
Hey Dudes...here´s something 4 yeah mind! *g*

I´ve bought a new board and played a little with the FSB/CPU Clock-Speed! Here´s the result:

incredible 1200 Mhz with an PIII-800EB

here the specs :
-------------------

CPU-Type : Pentium III 800-EB (Costa Rica / SL4CD)
Board : Epox EP-3SPA3
FSB from 133 up to 200 (!!!) Mhz
VCore from 1.70 up to 1.80 or 1.85

my complete System is still stabil and the temp is max. at 68°C...all this since 3 days! *hehe*

so long CyBrStOrM

PS : the funny is that my CPU wont work if the speed is @ 900 or 933 Mhz???!

Northon Utilities 2001 gave me a max of 430 Points using the benchmark, Dr. Hardware 2000 couldn´t gimme useable results.

Standard Infineon PC133

it´s just for fun, because here in germany one 256MB Module cost´s DM 65- (less than US$ 30).

the price is still goin down, and if they QUIT...i´ll go and buy some new! *hehe*

note: at this moment the machine is running at 1404 Mhz and I´m still testing... *g*

Well enjoy it while you can cause running at 200fsb with 68c somethings probably gonna blow up soon.

Nice overclock thou.

Placid said:
Well enjoy it while you can cause running at 200fsb with 68c somethings probably gonna blow up soon.

Nice overclock thou.

I think those chips rate at about 70-75C if I remember right...
well Intel's a little modest...

Lightning strikes 1/1,00,000 so I go stand out in thunderstorms below trees. :D

If you really got that high, it wasn't with no generic ram... I'm curious now, what was the make? anything else you can tell us, because that's an unheard of overclock (well, most wouldn't run it beyond 50C that expect to use their chips for more than 1 week).

Got any more benchmarks to back you up. Sorry, but a 75% overclock on generic RAM is one-in-a-million. If it's the real thing, you'll have to hook me up with a stick

Re: Standard Infineon PC133

CyBrStOrM said:
it´s just for fun, because here in germany one 256MB Module cost´s DM 65- (less than US$ 30).

the price is still goin down, and if they QUIT...i´ll go and buy some new! *hehe*

note: at this moment the machine is running at 1404 Mhz and I´m still testing... *g*

Um, 1404MHz from a P/// 800EB?!?!? That's 234 FSB. I'd really like to see a screen shot of anything showing this.

I wasn't aware that board had settings that high.

Could we see something??

**I stand corrected. I just researched that mobo. It'll go up to 250FSB. But I'd still like to see a screenshot....=)

Last edited:
I find this hard to beleive.. however if it is possible to select a setting in the bios to run the memory at -pci bus it mayyyyy be possible..

However at those temps I'd keep a fire exstinguasher near by (sp)..

Like wise I'l like to see a full suit of bench marks.

-Trek

Just see to believe! *g*

Ok guys, i´ve taken some pix for you to see...

here´s the download url :

http://www.cybrstorm.com/overclocked.zip

With this Epox Board you can set the FSB in 1Mhz steps from 66-250... so i did and the cute PIII-800EB runs with 1.5Gigs (hehe and the rams with 250Mhz) *g*

So what? Probably my bios (and the rest) showing me wrong digits, or what happens here? For me it seems to be a Lucky...or YOU havent tried enough!??? Coz´ as I tried a FSB btw. 150-160 my system wont start & only piep-piep-piep came to my ears!

Just see this as a TIP & not as POSING okay! :)

peace CyBr....

What kind of hard drive do you have that will run at 62.5mhz and what video card that will run at 125mhz?

Those are some heavy out of spec settings and like my previous post says I bet something blows up soon.
Unless you really dont care I would not run like that, your crazy :eek:

you know, a little while back i saw a contest on this site for the highest stable cpu speed, so what you should do is download cpu stability test from tweakfiles.com, and run it for twelve hours then create a certificate and let everyone download it....you might win a 100$:):):)...also, what do you get in 3dmark20001?

I scoped out your photos. Can you explain why your system is only twice as fast as a PII-450. Look at your photos. Look at the numbers in that bar graph.

I won't call you a liar. Your pics did that for me.

Just a bios error!

Sorry guys, i´ve checked this once more. The problem is that this board indicates a FSB @ 200Mhz, but the cpu still runs @ 804 Mhz under Windows applications! :-(

That means that you can set the FSB up to 250 MHZ and the board will show you that the machine runs with 1.5 Ghz... but that´s all. That was the reason my system was still running cool.

Sorry, that was not for posing or lying, just thought i´d found something to tell the world out there.

Now the machine works fine @ "real" 882Mhz, and the maximum benchmark with NU2001 is at least 470. But this is not taken seriously ´coz i´ve 512 megs inside . If i´d reduce the ram to 128 or less, NU indicates me much more.

Okay, thats all for now... don´t the angry okay guys... the whole thing was not mine failure. Simply a Bios-Error!!! :-o

Greetings from Germany...

Seeing that you have found a problem with this board, find the cut off.

You have found that the higher FSB's aren't legit. Now, do some investigation and see at what FSB that it starts to do this. If you can hit 883 then you can do a legitimate OC. But at some point the bios says "NO" and starts to show the OC but not perform it. You need to find this limit and let us know where it is at.

I'll apologize for impling that you lied seeing you found that it was a legitimate error. I just hate it when people come here and do that. Most of the people here are pro's and can smell a rat, upwind, a mile away, and it upsets me when people put up OC's that are physically impossible.

Back