• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BIG case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I remember in 98 i had to have that giant case back then. bigger is better!!! No more but good luck with it. $39 is a hell of a price. I think directron has the 36" IDE cables!!!!!

diehrd said:

Now that is one big case :drool: Somewhere down the road I think I'll have to make me one that big.

Baowuf said:
Not sure how budget conscious you are, but here's a case that's 1 5.25 bay shorter than the hydraulic but 1/2 the price.

Yea, I saw that one too, but I think it seems to be to short width wise. But you can't complain for $20.

I attached a pic of what I got now. I really don't want to have to squeeze water cooling into that case.

Attachments

• P1010027 (Custom).JPG
    P1010027 (Custom).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,447
heh your beer might be a tad warm :p

my problem wasnt size in a height sense, but front to back, side to side. which those cases dont really look like they help...

the space issue comes along for the pump on the bottom, and the radiator, which I guess you could mount on top.

Well it's been a week of modding my new case. Just a warning to anyone else that gets this case, the edges are very sharp!!!!! Here is what happend... oh, and yes, there are 6 stitches there.

Attachments

• P1010041 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    P1010041 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,378
jiggamanjb said:
Well it's been a week of modding my new case. Just a warning to anyone else that gets this case, the edges are very sharp!!!!! Here is what happend... oh, and yes, there are 6 stitches there.

Dang, sorry to see that. Didn't think cases had that much bite to them. Sounds like it needs some dremel-grinding wheel loving.

Any pics of the mods you've completed?

Here are a couple pics of how the case came for anyone who is interested. The top of the case is being modded so I can put the rad in there. That should be back tomorrow, I have a friend doing it for me. I plan on having 2-3 windows in this bad boy, that will be the next step.
n061

n09g

I modded the 120mm fan hole on the front so far.
n09s

Here is a pic of the water cooling just waiting to get in there.
n09u

Last edited:
Pics of the priming being done. There are a lot of rivits and screws in this case just to warn you guys!!!!

n0cj

n0co

Last edited:
Well, I got a little sidetracked. My girlfriend is a teacher and they were gonna throw away a bunch of computers, but she grabbed them for me before they went into the trash.

bcdu

bcdz

The tally was 3-400Mhz, 1-733Mhz, 2-200Mhz, a couple 10G hard drives and a bunch of PC133 RAM. It was like X-mas!!!

I did get some of the paint job done. I still needs some clear coat on it.
bcec

I went and grabbed a nice big piece of plexi, cause I plan on having a couple of windows in this bad boy.
bced

This weekend I plan on working on it some more, and should have some more pics up then.

See the computer in the picture that is on the floor right next to the other computer that is on the floor with the window? I bet that is the one that is 400mhz and a 10GB HDD. Why do I think that? Because I have the exact same thing behind me ;)

Yay for folding on old machines!
I slapped windows 2000 server on that old machine and it hosted my site great till I started getting so much traffic that my little net connection started to give out. Now it's just used for web surfing for my friends.

Back