How do I cut circles/curves in Lexan?

I have a sheet of Lexan that I need to cut a 4" circle in. The only tools I have are a Dremel and a hand drill (yay for apartment living ). Any ideas?
    Lappy - Dell E1505 - 1.6ghz Intel Pro Duo
    PC - Intel i7 920
    - Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
    - 3GB Corsair XMS triple channel
    - PNY GTX 260 core 216
    - Asus 23" widescreen LCD
    - Dell 19" LCD
    - BFG 550w PSU

3DMark06 v.1.1 - 15,850

My Heatware

Holesaw drill bit. They make them up to 8" if I'm not mistaken. The bit should look like a big bowl and have a serated edge.

Quote Originally Posted by toyomatt84
    Holesaw drill bit. They make them up to 8" if I'm not mistaken. The bit should look like a big bowl and have a serated edge.
    Ok, that's what I was thinking of, but I don't ever recall seeing one that big. I'll look again!
    PC - Intel i7 920
    - Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
    - PNY GTX 260 core 216
    - Dell 19" LCD
    - BFG 550w PSU

3DMark06 v.1.1 - 15,850

My Heatware

The Half Asleep Member Stedeman's Avatar
    A hole saw is one of the best ways but the Dremel with the spiral saw bit and hole attachment would do too.

[Me doing a Tool Man Rant]Apartment living is no excuse for not having enough tools! I live in a 900 sq ft apartment with a wife and 5yr old daughter and I have a router, table saw, Dremel, full size work bench (fits perfectly in my sliding door hall closet), 4+ tool boxes, 2 drills, torch, and a boat load more. A man for no other reason than being a man must collect tools! Where there is a man and tools there is a way! [End Tool Man Rant]

Quote Originally Posted by Stedeman
    A hole saw is one of the best ways but the Dremel with the spiral saw bit and hole attachment would do too.

[Me doing a Tool Man Rant]Apartment living is no excuse for not having enough tools! I live in a 900 sq ft apartment with a wife and 5yr old daughter and I have a router, table saw, Dremel, full size work bench (fits perfectly in my sliding door hall closet), 4+ tool boxes, 2 drills, torch, and a boat load more. A man for no other reason than being a man must collect tools! Where there is a man and tools there is a way! [End Tool Man Rant]

A man after my own heart

You can never own enough tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Stedeman

I looked on the Dremel site and it looks like to even use the cirlce cutter, I'd need the High Speed rotary saw instead of the regular Multi-Tool that I have now. While I'd love to own more tools, now is not the time for me to be upgrading my collection
    PC - Intel i7 920
    - Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
    - PNY GTX 260 core 216
    - Dell 19" LCD
    - BFG 550w PSU

3DMark06 v.1.1 - 15,850

My Heatware

what would happen if you cut a jig in the pattern you wanted from plywood, then clamped it to the lexan and attached a dremel cutting bit to your drill. thats what i did to drill my fan holes for my case, worked like a charm and saved me 12 bucks (cost of a hole saw)

Hex

Be careful when cutting with a hole saw though. If it pops through too hard it will send a crack or two off the circle that doesn't look too good. Make sure to have some support behind it, that helps defeat this.

Lexan won't crack, but you do need to make sure you clamp it b/c the darn thing is going to want to take off on you.
    LianLi PC70
    Dual PIII 1.0@1.2 (7.5*160) on ABIT VP6
    768 PC-133
    Geforce 4 TI4200 310/580
    Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
    2x 40 GB Seagate 5400 w/Striping
    1x 80 GB Seagate 7200
    24X Yamaha CD-RW
    Sony 520GS 21"

Helpful Senior Member Captain Slug's Avatar
    Does it NEED to be polycarbonate? Because you can order discs or acrylic cheaply from McMaster or USPlastics
    ||[ Oni is a bot! ]-[ My Heatware]-[ In the event of an emergency, the nearest senior member may be used as a floatation device. ]||

router with a straight bit is the best way to cut lexan. Just set up guides for the router to follow.
    AMD64(90nm) 3200+ @ 240 x 10
    Shuttle XPC SN95G5
    512x2 Ballistix pc 4000