• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can recognize all of the 160 gigs of new drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

cant get my K7s5a to recognize my 160 gig samsung. Just got this today and want to put it in my server. Its running Win2k with the sp4 update. Also I updated my bios as I had that original cheapo overclocking bios on there. It was a beta that I found Here which said it took care of some problems with drives larger than 160GB. I go into admin tools/computer managment/disk managment and it still says I have 128gig unallocated space...(I havnt formatted it yet)

Any suggestions?

is this on IDE or what type of drive?
I know any flavor of windows has a problem seeing more then 137gig on a IDE system. if this is on a SATA system, then it will show the full 160gig.

I have 1 160gig SATA drive, and it will see the full drive without a problem on a Windows XP Pro system.

According to this thread even with the SP update you still need to do a registry hack to get support for drives larger than 130GB.
http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27313-1.html

Even with Windows XP you are still requires to install SP1 to enable support for drives larger than 130GB. I have a feeling it also adds the same registry hack that is required for Windows 2000. In this case it does it for you.

Back