• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to mod a Heatercore (Dual 120mm version)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't hear you over the fan noise QuietIce.

lol - it wasn't that bad with under-volted, Superlubed, San Ace 120s. It was like having hovercraft in the room with Delta 120s...wow, those are loud when you crank up four of them (1008cfm total, 252 cfm and 66.5dBA per fan...not recommended.)

I'm thinking of doing this kind of mod to make a cheap rad, but since I don't have tools like a blowtorch and solder and such, buying allthe tools I need that I'll probably never use again would outweigh any cost savings.

Are there any heater core models you've seen that would allow me to just attach the tubing to the stock pipes without doing any torch-work? Besides, I live in a small 400sqft apartment (cause I'm in a metro area), so I don't think a blowtorch would be a good idea anyway...

I'm thinking of doing this kind of mod to make a cheap rad, but since I don't have tools like a blowtorch and solder and such, buying allthe tools I need that I'll probably never use again would outweigh any cost savings.

Are there any heater core models you've seen that would allow me to just attach the tubing to the stock pipes without doing any torch-work? Besides, I live in a small 400sqft apartment (cause I'm in a metro area), so I don't think a blowtorch would be a good idea anyway...

attachment.php

there might be a few motorcycle rads/oilcoolers suitable, but unless you can yank one out of a wreck, it might be cheaper to buy an AIO

here's a pointer for rads/cores
http://www.prosourceheatercores.com/

Just curious....since I hooked my old setup with Bonnie core and all backup for ****s and giggles....has anyone tested a Bonnie core against modern rads?

I've never seen them compared to modern rads, would be nice to find out though, as I've always wondered.

I get stuck in carbonite for a few years and people start asking all kinds of crazy questions...

I get stuck in carbonite for a few years and people start asking all kinds of crazy questions...

Yo! Good to see you back! I need to ask you a few questions, but I'll leave that for another time as I'm sure you're catching up on backed up business ;)

Back