• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best graphics Nvidia 6800 video card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am going to say the Asus because they are a good company and always offer great packages with there cards. Same goes for MSI good company and good packages. I always look for the best value ie includced games and features such as vivo, but thats just me. Plus I like colored PCB's (sick of green).

yeah actually I forgot they do have a card and its pretty cool. Its called the V9999 and it has an aluminum fan housing designed after the Nvidia reference board, its single slot, and has a blue led thing going on.

well right now all the 6800U cards are the same save some have custom heatsinks for their card, personaly i'd go with EVGA because their customer support is much better than the other IMO, also their cards tend to have a mild O/C stock, their 6800U is 425/1100 as opposed to the reference 400/1100 (core is dynamic O/C though which from what I read just means it down clocks back to 400 if it's running to hot), their 6800U EE is 450/1200 from the reference 450/1100, and their 5900U back when they made it which is the one I have was at 500/900 from the reference of 450/850.

I'm going with XFX or BFG.

Never owned a BFG, but heard all over the place that they are good.
I'd happily buy XFX again, probably will.

:D

i'm waiting for albatron to release theirs, they make some of the best ocing cards. /imo :D

Well I will be happy with even stock speeds with an Asus because they are a big reliable company and come with lots of games and bonus items that I wouldn't otherwise buy. Also I tend to use the stuff the card comes with so its not wasted money.

I'm looking at BFG's GeForce 6800 Ultra OC with a water block pre-installed. That would be perfect for my water-cooled system and the 24/7 tech support + lifetime warranty... :drool: that's pretty good imo... (actually thought I would be switching to ATi... :rolleyes: )

its 3/8th fitting, pretty stupid huh. They dont look to be offering a 1/2 model either. Plus the WB dosent cool the ram at all, and they dont have ram sinks on there so what is the point.

if you're going to water cool I wouldn't go with the BFG with the block installed, for the same money you can buy a normal card without the waterblock and buy a nice high quality 1/2" block like a maze 4 for it and you will still have the nice heatpipe ramsinks that the normal cards come with.

Actually I saw heatsinks on the RAM. I have no idea how big my hoses are actually =P. BFG still looks good to me... Ah well.

There is no doubt about the quality of the products that come out from ASUS. However, I think if you do intend to overclock, you may be better going with the BFG. The FX5900 from BFG overclocks better than ASU's. But I am not sure about the 6800 though....

Well I guess all we can do is speculate until the cards are actually in our (the consumer's) hands so that we may mod them and run them to there fullest potential. I still have my eye on the V9999GT if its going to be shipping close to the AX800 otherwise I am going with that.

Back