Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Member ILikeMy240sx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    University of Michigan
    Posts
    1,274

  2. #2
    Member Turd Furguson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,585
    Oh wow that is horrible. I wished I could donate some money to the trust fund.
    "When the rich wage war it's the poor who die." - LP

  3. #3
    Member drewthomas14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,514
    damn i read that about a week ago. mad me cry , that's so sad. i can understand what kind of pain he was going through though.

  4. #4
    Member ninthebin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    2,818
    dont mean to sound callus here or anything - but all I ever see on the internet is sob stories about how someones life got ruined in someway or other...then ends with a nice "and send your donations to..."

    if its true then yeah, sad stuff, good luck to his family (and his son)

  5. #5
    Member ILikeMy240sx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    University of Michigan
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthebin
    dont mean to sound callus here or anything - but all I ever see on the internet is sob stories about how someones life got ruined in someway or other...then ends with a nice "and send your donations to..."

    if its true then yeah, sad stuff, good luck to his family (and his son)
    It is true.. infact they are having a rememberance gathering soon

  6. #6
    Member stockhatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Southeastern NC
    Posts
    670
    Its more than tragic what happened to the guy. I truly feel horrible for him and his family, but to take his own life without thinking of his wife and son was not an honorable move. I dont care if he was to be in debt and handless for the rest of his life, he owed more to himself and his family than he left them with. Flame me or not, its how I feel about it.

    AC

    E6600(8x400) - Infinity
    2x250 Perps RAID 0
    P5W DH Deluxe
    2GB GSkill HK
    8800GTX
    620HX

    HEAT

  7. #7
    Oni-ni-Kanabō
    Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
    Oni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    St. Catharines, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    13,547
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy240sx
    It is true.. infact they are having a rememberance gathering soon
    Got a linky?

    Sorry, but I take everything I read on the internet w/ a grain of salt. I've written similar stories much to the dismay of some of my friends (your stories are always so . . . depressing).
    Mama, put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

    On Indefinite Hiatus

    Asus P6T SE
    Intel i7 930 @ Stock
    12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
    XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
    Corsair 750 Watt PSU


  8. #8
    Member mrgreenjeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, GA
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by stockhatch
    Its more than tragic what happened to the guy. I truly feel horrible for him and his family, but to take his own life without thinking of his wife and son was not an honorable move. I dont care if he was to be in debt and handless for the rest of his life, he owed more to himself and his family than he left them with. Flame me or not, its how I feel about it.

    AC
    It is unfortunate, however, all bikers know the risk they run, the main reason I parked mine forever 15 years ago was because of a very similar 'near accident.'
    I, too, regret the future he left for his son.
    "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing."
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe bios 1009 w/FX-60 on a Zalman Resterator
    Corsair 2048 TwinX3500LL matched dual channel 1:1 @ 2-3-3-6
    BFG8800GTXwc768 DVI~Sharp Aquos LC-46D92U
    BFG Ageia PhysX card
    36g Raptor boot, 150g Velociraptor game drive, and 320g storage drive
    LG GGC-H20L BR & HD
    Auzentech xPlosion 5.1 ~ Sony DA3ES Receiver~ Infinity's
    Silverstone LC-10m w/Silverstone Strider ST60 PSU
    Win XP pro

  9. #9
    The Jab-Tech Guy Jab-tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Land of Tornados
    Posts
    376
    Been a biker for over 16 years now... Currently own a 2003 600 RR. Everytime you get on a bike you gotta be ready to take a fall and bare the consequences...

    The above story is 100% true.

    and here is another unfortunate and true one :-(

    http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12154

  10. #10
    The Jab-Tech Guy Jab-tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Land of Tornados
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni
    Got a linky?

    Sorry, but I take everything I read on the internet w/ a grain of salt. I've written similar stories much to the dismay of some of my friends (your stories are always so . . . depressing).

    Paypal fund thread

    Rememberance gathering

  11. #11
    Member eXCeSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    535
    Can someone make cliff notes please, im real lazy

  12. #12
    Drifto Mexicano Cerberus2k7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    2,222
    jabtek: Hows that CBR600 treating you? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

    And I actually laughed when I saw the word penguins. *Notes to self: Start using Linux again*

    *Tries to see if he can donate*

    Member of OCdriftingNinjas | You gotta' Fold if you wanna turn up the Heat
    Overclocking: My Anti-Drug. | Overclocking my body...one day at a time... | Black Belt Ubercloxx0r | You are the most ripped yo-yo'er I have ever seen. - Seven
    HTPC | i5 2500k@3.8 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 16GB HyperX | GTX 460 1gb@845/1100 | 1.5TB | Silverstone LC10S-M | Corsair 500w

  13. #13
    Member TommyHolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by stockhatch
    Its more than tragic what happened to the guy. I truly feel horrible for him and his family, but to take his own life without thinking of his wife and son was not an honorable move. I dont care if he was to be in debt and handless for the rest of his life, he owed more to himself and his family than he left them with. Flame me or not, its how I feel about it.

    AC
    I completely agree.
    sig deleted by muddocktor-take it up with the Admins

  14. #14
    The Jab-Tech Guy Jab-tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Land of Tornados
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus2k7
    jabtek: Hows that CBR600 treating you? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

    *Tries to see if he can donate*
    It treats me really good, its an amazing bike.. Gunna add some lights to it soon in a true modders fashion...

    I still have a 2001 Ninja 250 which is a great bike, paid under $2500 for it 2 years ago, dropped it twice, put 7000 miles on it and its still worth $1700 !

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Augusta Twp, MI
    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by eXCeSS
    Can someone make cliff notes please, im real lazy

    Guy on motorcycle gets creamed by nissan and is critically injured. With his seemingly hopeless condition and severe depression, he posts a message online about his experience, then curses god... the admin of the forum later amends his post saying that he ended his life, leaving behind a girlfriend and a young child. A link to his childs trust fund is posted on that page.

    All I gotta say is that sucks for the people that loved him. It kind of sucks for others that care to take your own life. Of course, I can't blame the guy since I don't know what kind of pain and misery he had gone through to lead to his taking of his own life. Others here may say he is a coward or dishonorable for doing what he did, but unless you were in his shoes...

  16. #16
    The Jab-Tech Guy Jab-tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Land of Tornados
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by diggingforgold
    Guy on motorcycle gets creamed by nissan and is critically injured. With his seemingly hopeless condition and severe depression, he posts a message online about his experience, then curses god... the admin of the forum later amends his post saying that he ended his life, leaving behind a girlfriend and a young child. A link to his childs trust fund is posted on that page.

    All I gotta say is that sucks for the people that loved him. It kind of sucks for others that care to take your own life. Of course, I can't blame the guy since I don't know what kind of pain and misery he had gone through to lead to his taking of his own life. Others here may say he is a coward or dishonorable for doing what he did, but unless you were in his shoes...
    You are 100% correct, he was very depressed... Some people have stuff like this happen to them and they come out fighting and make the best life possible for themselves and there family, others take a different approach and get depressed and can only see misery in there future and there loved ones future brought about by nobody but themselves.

    Different things affect different people in many ways, if this happened to a different person its quite possible they would be running marathons in 2 years.. Everyone has weaknesses and strengths, its what makes us human.

  17. #17
    Senior Django-loving Member Captain Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Right seat with a bored "don't kill me" expression
    Posts
    4,933
    Sometimes...it's the basic things that make life worth living...

    ...like being in one piece...
    B.S. Computer Science, B.A. Political Science | Commercial Pilot Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplane
    "And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

    Strong * Focused * Safe
    Apple Mac Pro 4,1, Two Nehalem Xeons 2.26GHzx4 (Hyperthreaded), 12 GB DDR3 FBDRAM | MacBook Pro 15" (2009)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •