• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High Speed 92mm Panaflo H1B Vibration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hawk072

Registered
Can anyone with a high speed Panaflo H or U model 92mm tell me if it vibrates much when mounted to a Thermalright heatsink? I recently put a 92mm H1B on a SP-97 heatsink and the fan vibrates enough to cause the fins on the heatsink to rattle a little. I also have a Panaflo 92mm M1B and it doesn't vibrate near as much as this H1B. They are both new and made in Japan.

The vibration isn't really bad but it seems like a huge increase in vibration vs. the M1B fan which is only 400rpm slower. I'm worried about the vibration causing problems with the CPU or motherboard. How much does a Tornado vibrate when mounted on a heatsink like this?

I just got the fan so I want to know if this sounds normal or if I got a bad fan that I should exchange. Thanks!

Are you using the right holes w/ the wire clips to hold the fan on? It should be difficult to stretch the wire clips to the fan holes... I would think that if it's rattling then you have the fan mounted wrong.

I'm sure the fan blades aren't chipped but I'm wondering if somehow something could be off balance.

Does anyone that owns one of these fans know if this vibration sounds normal? It is much worse when the case is standing and the fan is vertical. If I lay the case down so the fan is horizontal to the floor, the vibration is much less. It may just be normal for a large, high speed fan. I've never used a Tornado or high speed Delta, do these vibrate much on the heatsink?

Thanks for the help mtb856, it's odd talking to someone on here that is also from Montgomery, AL. :D

I use one of those panaflos as well and the only complaint I have is that it makes a whirring sound. Other than that the fan is perfect. That is strange that yours vibrates. Maybe there is something wrong with the motor inside of the fan...

Yeah, I've owned both high speed Deltas and two Tornados... neither of which vibrated at all. BTW, I didn't even notice that you were from Montgomery... where do you live? I'm at the ISL tutoring lab at AUM at the moment, but I live over by Taylor and Vaughn.

mtb856 said:
BTW, I didn't even notice that you were from Montgomery... where do you live? I'm at the ISL tutoring lab at AUM at the moment, but I live over by Taylor and Vaughn.
I actually live in Wetumpka but I work in downtown Montgomery. I put Montgomery since nobody would recognize Wetumpka. We don't live far from each other at all.

Alchemy1 said:
I use one of those panaflos as well and the only complaint I have is that it makes a whirring sound. Other than that the fan is perfect. That is strange that yours vibrates. Maybe there is something wrong with the motor inside of the fan...
I think something is wrong with the fan I have. I may just order another one with an order I'm placing for some other stuff soon. If the new one doesn't vibrate, I'll exchange the vibrating one.

It does make a whirring sound of moving air and slight motor noise. It produces very little motor noise for the amount of air it is moving. I can't hear it over my case fans from where the computer sits.

Last edited:
My Panaflo 92mm U1A vibrates at full tilt...68.80 cfm. It's a China fan...Its worse on my homemade duct..I have it on a 92mm gutted fan as a spacer..I put a thin strip of double sided sticky tape on the spacer where it touches the HS..I left the paper on the HS side of the double stick tape so it doesn't stick to the HS. No rattling noises now..:) Try a diff. fan and see if it does the same as the one you have now..Very slight vibrations now...:D

Back