• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best media player?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i have windows media player right now on windows xp. i just switched to firefox from ie , so i was wondering if there was a media player that's better than wmp?
i dont care if it's free or not , just want to know if there is a better player.

PSYKO2 said:
just asking, did you get one with your creative sound card, that is what i use, i like it alot
nope. i didnt get the driver disk cuz i bought it in the classifieds. im runing on audigy 2zs drivers.

winamp is arguably the best for audio as well as itunes. For video I dont really know for dvd i use Video Lan, and for divx xvid i simply use WMP.

i find real player (the free version, make sure to say "no" to all spam offers during installation) the most simple, easy to use and it plays some of my files that WMP won't ...

Best for Audio: Tie between Winamp and Itunes with a nod to Itunes if you have an Ipod
Best for streaming video: Windows Media Player
Best for Video on the Harddrive: Video Lan Client (great little free software)

Back