• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to see in 3D...like those movies with the glasses.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

hey guys. Ok this is quite important cuz it could mean internship for me ...

First off i was offered an internship by my neighbors friend for the summer. he does 3D designing at a window company. I woulda jumped on this..BUT

I cannot see in 3D. I have terrible terrible eyesight, and i have 0 depth perception. Ive tried working with cararra but because of my condition, its pointless and ends up a complete waste of time.

I found one way i can see things in 3D. Scared the hell out of me when i saw it. My freind took me to 6flags. They wanted to just see what the thing was like. I didnt beleive it would work at all. Strangely though it did. Everything stood out as it should, seemed weird and very new to me.

It was one of those pointless movies that just show off what they can do where they split the video, and you wear those tinted tilted glasses.

So i remember messing with my video card. It can support something of this nature, but my card is odd and off brand and just causes bars to appear and doesnt work.

The guy uses AutoCad, id assume he uses a high end graphics card. Im wondrering if theres any way we can set it up so that i could wear similar glasses and id be able to work with him.

THis kind of stuff i used to want to do, until i found i couldnt do it. My bro took it up after i dropped it and i went off into programming and video editing.

So what do you guys think? is it doable?

What's up,
Anything in this world is doable. My guess is you would have to run dual monitors, with one being 3d for you and the other regular, unless he doesn't mind. in which case just run it off one...
Also Sharp came out with a laptop that is 3D. You don't need the glasses either. People say it works. Would it work for you? It's worth a shot! You could always get a video in to the laptop, run it from his comp, then turn the 3d on. It might also be good in general to use. Good Luck!

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/008725.php

http://www.sharpsystems.com/products/pc_notebooks/actius/rd/3d/

wow, that laptop is pretty expensive :drool: but heh if it allows you to see in 3D then go for it...dont know to much about this tho "NVIDIA® GeForce™ 4 440 Go graphic processing unit with 64 MB of dedicated graphics memory" if its real high end 3D programs that might not cut it...i wonder why they would include such a lower end gpu in a laptop designed specifically for 3D?

Yes just get a gfx card taht has stero vision and get some glasses problem is that you will only be able to run dx9 apps i belive, and all profesiona level is open gl

i dont know about autocad, but i know that Cinema4D and 3Dsmax allow you to choose, direct x 9, OpenGL, or Hardware based ....

Why is it limited to direct X ?

no idea why it is directx only, but yes max supports direct x but no one in their right mind uses it. IF the guy is serious about 3d work he uses opengl.

Back