• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hangs every 10 seconds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

I took an HP 554e and wiped it out (both partitions) then installed an oem copy of xp.Before I even update anything it hangs when I click on something.When I change a setting or something at each window it hangs for 8 - 10 seconds and when I hit ok or apply samething.Thought it was a bad install so I reformatted again but samething.This is amd xp 2000 with 256megs of pc1600 on this board http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=us&dest_page=product&dlc=en&docname=bph07941
I have done this before (pretty much make it a non HP pc) before and have done a ton of pc work but haven't come across this type of problem before.Also pc takes 1 1/2 minutes to boot with 17 proccess running (pretty much nothing) and about 30 - 40 seconds to shutdown.I have disabled messenger and can't see anything that is running that would make it hang like this.Should the via chipset drivers in xp be ok for this or do I need the 4in1 drivers?Any ideas on what might be causing this hang?

Well the problem turned out to be a heat issue,going have to install a fan on this piece of junk.

Back