• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling differences between the IceBerq4 and Iceberq?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

violineb

I was just wondering if it's worth it to spend the money on the the Iceberq4 or just go for a normal old Iceberq. I'm replacing a passive heatsink for the NF2 IGP northbridge. The only reason I'm going with one of these sinks is because I need a very very low profile size. So, would I see any difference between the two? Or should I just spend the extra $5 and get the Iceberq4?

Thanks

If it's only $5 extra, why not?
It's not like you'd be losing your college fund over it or anything ;)

violineb said:
I was just wondering if it's worth it to spend the money on the the Iceberq4 or just go for a normal old Iceberq. I'm replacing a passive heatsink for the NF2 IGP northbridge. The only reason I'm going with one of these sinks is because I need a very very low profile size. So, would I see any difference between the two? Or should I just spend the extra $5 and get the Iceberq4?

Thanks

Go for the iceberq4. If you're ordering from newegg, the one with the blue light costs the same as without.

The Iceberq 4 is made primarily for VGA cooling during the late GeForce4 era/early Radeon 9x00 era. It is big and may not fit on all NB's without mods.

The Iceberq was made as a combination chipset/VGA cooler during the GeForce2/3 era. It looks like the stock Abit cooler. I have one on my chipset and it works just fine.

Back