• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CLOCKING the FX 5700!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prudens

Registered
Greetings,

Recently I got an ASUS FX 5700. I wonder what the safe clockable ranges are and how to properly cool if needed... and what software?

I tried to use RivaTuner to get it to 475/560... it freezes the pc after play game for 5 minutes...

-

Ur useing the right software.. (there is more but what you have is good) and I dunno the stock clocks on the FX 5700 and i'm too damn lazy to go look em up at 3:30am, but if the game just like totally crashes start backing off your core clock by like 5mhz and see if that helps. If not then keep backing off things, or add more cooling.

As far as cooling, just try to have good airflow through your case... make sure it's all nice and clean :) Also you can try adding extra fans to blow cool air onto the card... You could also use a different vga cooler thingy... that would help but it may be a bit much if your just starting out. Good Luck!

PCGUY112887 said:
Ur useing the right software.. (there is more but what you have is good) and I dunno the stock clocks on the FX 5700 and i'm too damn lazy to go look em up at 3:30am, but if the game just like totally crashes start backing off your core clock by like 5mhz and see if that helps. If not then keep backing off things, or add more cooling.

As far as cooling, just try to have good airflow through your case... make sure it's all nice and clean :) Also you can try adding extra fans to blow cool air onto the card... You could also use a different vga cooler thingy... that would help but it may be a bit much if your just starting out. Good Luck!
I have an Xaser III,

It has a big case fan right on top of the video card. Should that be suffice? Also, what memory clock should I try to get to? I heard people do 600 with 5700...

hmm.. I dont know who has gotten to 600 but that would be incredible.
I run a 5700u and i have made it to 502 core and everything past that artifacts. this is with stock cooling. I think that the stock clockspeed for a 5700 maybe 425 (correct me if im wrong). either way, back of the core and start bumping up the memory, you should be able to go alot higher without artifacting.

Elwood_Blues84 said:
hmm.. I dont know who has gotten to 600 but that would be incredible.
I run a 5700u and i have made it to 502 core and everything past that artifacts. this is with stock cooling. I think that the stock clockspeed for a 5700 maybe 425 (correct me if im wrong). either way, back of the core and start bumping up the memory, you should be able to go alot higher without artifacting.

I think he's referring to the ddr effective memory speed of 600mhz.
The 5700 ultra has a 900mhz ddr effective memory speed.
So by you getting 502,you are getting an ddr effective speed of 1,004.
Which is quite nice BTW.

Back