• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64 bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you overclock your current cpu you can keep up with the A64's fairly easily. You can use the extra registers yet anyway, because XP 643 isnt out yet. That is, unless you are a linux buff.

LONG time. There's people still out there with Pentium III's. Not to mention that the P4's are going to be around for a long time. Once Intel starts making their new processors 64 bit, then it'll start to phase over into 64 bit. But even when that starts happening it'll take a while for the P4's to become outdated.

kiyoshilionz said:
LONG time. There's people still out there with Pentium III's. Not to mention that the P4's are going to be around for a long time. Once Intel starts making their new processors 64 bit, then it'll start to phase over into 64 bit. But even when that starts happening it'll take a while for the P4's to become outdated.

heck i see people with PII's and older like 386 and can you beleave they
use this for everyday computing like we use ours...lol

i guess if it is good enough, and fast enough, (for them) then why change

lol

PIIIs forever!!!

um... yeah...

Back to the subject at hand...

No, I don't think it would be worth upgrading.

You buy Athlon64 for current 32-bit performance = good idea.

You buy Athlon64 for future 64-bit OS / computing = bad idea.

Back