• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ti4200 to 5700u worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How much are you spending on the upgrade? The 5700U is going to be better for dx9, but the 5900xt would be a much better jump. The new 6800NU has been seen in the low $200'S, which would put you up with the top of the line cards. However if the 5700U is cheap enough and you want dx9 its not bad. The new version has ddr3 and was meant to supplant the low end 5900's which it couldnt do.

Well,Ive had both and the 5700 ultra definitely kicks *** over the TI4200.

But like the other guys said,only if you get a good price on it because its competition is better in that price range.

stratcatprowlin... do you or did you have the 5700U with the gddr3? I'm curious if it would be a big improvement over the gddr2 myself. I may pick up a 5700U or 59OONU from evga using their step up program to trade up in 90 days at no cost to have something to use till my 6800U gets here.

No unfortunately I had the ddr2 version but it was still awsome for a midrange card.Faster than my 9600XT.THe radeon had better IQ though.
I loved my 5700 ultra.Recommend it anyday.

THe step up program looks like a good idea.I have heard from a couple of people that the 5900XT was definitely a higher benchmarker but in actual gameplay there wasnt much difference.

Maxwell Murder, I dont think you would be going wrong with the 6800NU. I am getting one for my current system using the step up program. At $300 its a good price point. It should play all the current and future games as good or better than any of last genterations top of the line cards.

Back