• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf1942 not loading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i just installed bf1942 . i tried disk 1 and disk 2. i dont know which is the play disk , but with either one it acts like it's going to start the game , but it never does. it shows the initial splash screen and that's it. i just tried mohaa to see if that worked because i just put on my vga silencer , and wanted to make sure that the vcard was working. i might just reinstalll windows.

I had that problem when I first got it. Mine had to do with the refreash rates,I was useing that force rate program at the time. I had to put some data after the .exe in the shortcut properties. Did you try it with the latest patch installed? I think that fixed it, other wise do a search in the forumes here thats where I found the info. I got a new HD and reinstalled everything but did not use that force rate program so I dont know what data you have to enter :( I got this from a older thread

Shade00 said:
I can only offer the same advice - reinstall Battlefield 1942. Also, if you have a refresh rate lock, you might try changing the 0 to 1 after renderer.allowallrefreshrates in videodefault.con. It can be found in the Mods > BF1942 > Settings directory under the main Battlefield 1942 folder.

Last edited:
also in the desktop shortcut try adding in the target box, "+restart 1" without quotes. That lets you boot right into the game without having to show the splash screen.

Bashar said:
I had that problem when I first got it. Mine had to do with the refreash rates,I was useing that force rate program at the time. I had to put some data after the .exe in the shortcut properties. Did you try it with the latest patch installed? I think that fixed it, other wise do a search in the forumes here thats where I found the info. I got a new HD and reinstalled everything but did not use that force rate program so I dont know what data you have to enter :( I got this from a older thread
yep. that was the problem. i figured that out when i went to see if there were any new paches.

Last edited:
Back