• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long Term Predictions!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morpheus

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior
Below you can view some of the teams I have been tracking... intercept dates (the date we will "catch" them based on current productivity) are posted in white in a month/year format...

Ranks/Teams in the legend are:

67th — Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
56th — Overclockers Network
45th — OcUK - Overclockers UK
44th — Amateur Radio Operators
38th — BP6/VP6 User Group

We should be in the TOP 50 around the first of the year!!!

CRUNCH ON!!!!

Are you doing straight linear predictions, or are you taking into account the exponential increase that we have?

[Oc]acaridans said:
Have a question about OC JK is that supost to say 13?? in meaning years??

Nope... given our current rate of gain, we will not catch OC UK until 2013... :( the operative word here though is CURRENT...

As Thelemac was asking... these are linear predictions, but we are also growing exponentially... 400-500 July, 500-600 August... ??? More people (i.e. expoential growth) can change those numbers drastically... so that is why I still track OC UK... we have been as close as a 2004 date so far... :)

Crunch ON!!!!

Morpheus said:

Nope... given our current rate of gain, we will not catch OC UK until 2013... :( the operative word here though is CURRENT...

As Thelemac was asking... these are linear predictions, but we are also growing exponentially... 400-500 July, 500-600 August... ??? More people (i.e. expoential growth) can change those numbers drastically... so that is why I still track OC UK... we have been as close as a 2004 date so far... :)

Crunch ON!!!!
Damn! what a drag if we find ET befor we make the top 25! LOL

Let me tell you... If we find ETI, I will be happier than if we captured the no.1 slot from TLC… :) Imagine that…

Reading between the lines @ Berkeley, it is apparent that some of the stuff we are currently seeing is part of the gearing up for SETI II… new stats & such—even CGI stuff (that works!!).. :)

Wonder if stats will “carry over”… I hope not, as we would be in the top 20, maybe even 15 if we had started on a level playing field…

Crunch On!!!

Morpheus said:
Let me tell you... If we find ETI, I will be happier than if we captured the no.1 slot from TLC… :) Imagine that…

Reading between the lines @ Berkeley, it is apparent that some of the stuff we are currently seeing is part of the gearing up for SETI II… new stats & such—even CGI stuff (that works!!).. :)

Wonder if stats will “carry over”… I hope not, as we would be in the top 20, maybe even 15 if we had started on a level playing field…

Crunch On!!!

I'll second that. Given a level field we would definately be in the top 20. Give us a member base like TLC, or Art Bell etc. and we could give them a real run for the money.

deez said:
SETI2....anywhere i can find info?

Look in the newsletters @ the main SETI sitehere several mention the SETI II project & southern hemisphere searching....

As i said, it is a "read between the lines" but it is there... :)

Happy Crunching!!!

Daniel ~ said:
Just performing a reality check! LOL

Understood... :D

The stats do keep things interesting though as we scour the farthest reaches of our technical abilities...

crunch, crunch

Morpheus said:

Look in the newsletters @ the main SETI sitehere several mention the SETI II project & southern hemisphere searching....

As i said, it is a "read between the lines" but it is there... :)

Happy Crunching!!!

It would be nice if Berkeley put out a newsletter giving us a preview of their future plans with the project. You're right in that you have to read between the lines:
"where it will be examined in further stages of the SETI@home data analysis."

Be nice to read a preview about their "further stages.."

Shane! and I have 23 1.2ghz Athlons going Seti's and Folding's Way soon. So look for a nice bump in production. Now the question is which team gets 12 computers and which gets 11? What a wonderful problem!

Back