• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding TBird cruncher!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

proze

yeah, baby! i sold my duron 750 and micro-atx mobo yesterday and am upgrading to a tbird 1ghz-1.2ghz axia and an 8kta3pro!

hehehe... so i'll have my duron@1102 which does 6.3 hour wus on average, and a tbird@+-1.5ghz doing even lower!!

yay!! :) :) :) :) :)

proze said:
yeah, baby! i sold my duron 750 and micro-atx mobo yesterday and am upgrading to a tbird 1ghz-1.2ghz axia and an 8kta3pro!

hehehe... so i'll have my duron@1102 which does 6.3 hour wus on average, and a tbird@+-1.5ghz doing even lower!!

yay!! :) :) :) :) :)

Sounds great. We need all the extra WU's that we can get. Keep thosse WU's a comin.

Congrats Paul lloks like it will be sweet!!!!

You'll have to take that "single lowly Duron" line out of your nick...
:) :D

Cool - every little bit helps. I was even going to "add" one of my machines back tonight. Didn't go over too well. This box has my Palomino which crunches better than all my other Athlon boxes. I noticed a new bios version for the Epox 8k7a that added support for SSE and the Athlon MP - so I decided to flash and see if it improved Seti times. Don't know what went wrong, but the flash hung half way through writing. Tried a recovery with the awdflash set to go in autoexec.bat but that just sits there too - almost like this board has a fault that won't let it flash the eeprom. Oh well - got to wait a week for a new chip. Second time I've botched a bios flash lately :( Fortunately I pulled a bios chip from another 8k7a with a slower cpu and exchanged it so my best Athlon is crunching while I wait :)

tc.. giz a hand.. you have loads of pcs, so you're a good person to ask: not just for seti, how do ddr systems compare to sdram systems?

i could get an 8kha instead of an 8kta3pro and bankrupt myself.. would it be worth the extra?!

ta!

proze said:
tc.. giz a hand.. you have loads of pcs, so you're a good person to ask: not just for seti, how do ddr systems compare to sdram systems?

i could get an 8kha instead of an 8kta3pro and bankrupt myself.. would it be worth the extra?!

ta!

How about the 8K7A board? I like the AMD 761 chipset better than the via KT266 or the ALi Majik. I use the 8K7A, and I know that TC has a few of them. This is an awesome board and it is only about 10 bucks more than the 8KHA.

proze said:

ta!

Check out this article there is a new chipset out for the athlons, sis made a ddr/sdram chipset that performs well acroding to anandtech. It is really cheap too. Here is a link to the ECS Socket A K7S5A SiS® 735 chipset motherboard it runs $65 and performs like the AMD 760 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Basher said:

Check out this article there is a new chipset out for the athlons, sis made a ddr/sdram chipset that performs well acroding to anandtech. It is really cheap too. Here is a link to the ECS Socket A K7S5A SiS® 735 chipset motherboard it runs $65 and performs like the AMD 760 :D :D :D :D :D :D

No disrespect to anyone using a SiS chipset board - but if you are looking for power performance, SiS is at the low end. SiS has been synonomous with value boards - not to say that it is not reliable, just not high end.

chawken said:

How about the 8K7A board? I like the AMD 761 chipset better than the via KT266 or the ALi Majik. I use the 8K7A, and I know that TC has a few of them. This is an awesome board and it is only about 10 bucks more than the 8KHA.

i would, but over here it costs a lot more than 10 bucks more.. it's outta my price-range.. :(

it's 8kta3pro or 8kha at a stretch...

Dang how much are they getting for boards where you are? I've seen the 8K7A for $99 around here. I didn't think boards of any kind got much cheaper than that...

TC said:
Dang how much are they getting for boards where you are? I've seen the 8K7A for $99 around here. I didn't think boards of any kind got much cheaper than that...

Damn TC - where are you seeing those prices? The web vendors that I have seen, the board runs for about 125.00 + shipping. If you have a source that is that cheap - point me in their direction. You got more toys than I do - I could get a couple more if there was cheaper prices.

This was two weeks ago at a store in Atlanta called CompuLead. They don't have an online store that I know of, and I doubt they take phone orders - just a walk in place. However an online store named BzBoyz had them for $114 last time I looked - think it was on sale though. All the other stores are around $120+

let's see... quick currency conversion..

the 8k7a+ would cost me US$160.. and the 8kha only US$130. it might not seem that much of a difference, but i'm gonna be stretched as it is..

proze said:
let's see... quick currency conversion..

the 8k7a+ would cost me US$160.. and the 8kha only US$130. it might not seem that much of a difference, but i'm gonna be stretched as it is..

Just noticed your location - duh for me eh m8 :p I was just assuming you were talking US dollars.

Back