• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Open new window maximized?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TalRW

whenever I right click and use open in new window the new window isn't totally maximized and it kinda ticks me off :cry: . What can I do to make it so it's always maximized?

Pulled from a Google search:

Close all instances of Internet Explorer except for one.
Right-click on a link in the page and select: "Open in New Window"
Close the first browser window using the [ X ] (upper right corner)
Resize the window manually by dragging the sides to the desired size.
Note: Do NOT click the Maximize button, you must do it manually.
Hold down the Ctrl key and click the Close button (upper right)

*you may have to drag the sides first*

yea thats the problem. It says don't click maximize so it will only get really big but not quite maximized, and it ****es me off. I can't figure out how to have it maximized when I right click open new window.... :mad:

I'm starting to hate IE. Think I should try firefox or opera.

TalRW said:
yea thats the problem. It says don't click maximize so it will only get really big but not quite maximized, and it ****es me off. I can't figure out how to have it maximized when I right click open new window.... :mad:

I'm starting to hate IE. Think I should try firefox or opera.

i think i'm one of the few that prefers mozilla to firefox. i hated opera. give it a shot, this among several other reasons why mozilla/firefox are so many times better than IE.

I use Firefox and thunderbird for myself. When I build a computere for a friend, I will usually install Mozilla. I find that mozilla tends to be a little more stable. But, the quirks in firefox and thunderbird do not bother me. Plus, the fix usually can be found relatively quickly in their forums.

Back